Sunday, December 28, 2008

What Christmas Brought

I must have forgot how I went insane driving to Utah for Thanksgiving, but agreed to drive again for Christmas. Most of you know I have a hard time focusing and a road trip doesn't really help this problem. When we got to SLC it was a blizzard, so we decided to take Ryan and Stacy's dog Brinkley night sledding. We were the only ones in the park.
Brinkley thought the sled was a really big frisbee and everytime we went down the hill he would chase after us.
On Christmas Eve we had dinner with Stacy and her family. Her turkey was amazing, but I wouldn't have expected less. My mom and I used her same recipe for Christmas dinner. Al got initiated into the Ranes family with the famous crocheted stocking by Grandma Ranes. It even says ALBERT!!
Later that night we opened presents with Stacy at the Dearborn Chateau.

Some wore old pajamas and some wore new....
We went to the Ranes and Cameron households Christmas morning. Here is a picture of my moms pretty tree and Ryans homemade Christmas cards which were hilarious.

When we got to the Camerons there was a little snowstorm. Al pulled Coby around the neighborhood on a boogie board. Its good we had a 4 wheel drive truck that Al knew how to drive.


It was so windy and cold. For all you Native Vegas peeps this is a real snowstorm.
I almost forgot to mention my favorite Christmas present....BARBIE. Look at her beautiful blonde hair in the sun. Since I can't buy Christian Louboutins yet I'm hoping to find her some. PS I also loved all my other gifts Albert.
Have I ever mentioned Ryans obsession with minature food and toys?? My mom bought him a mini pool table and I think he liked it more then Rockband 2 for the WII...lol Here is an idea of how mini it is
The next day we had a pleasant suprise when we saw that our car had been plowed in, so my mom had to come get us.


Oops How did Barbie get in there again??

Here is a picture of my mom and I in our twin Chrismas Coats. They are so hot!!
We had plans to go to Cheesecake Factory on Friday night, but when we got there and said a table for 14 they were so kind to let us know it would be a three hour wait. HA ITS CHEESECAKE FACTORY not La Caille. We ended up going to Macaroni Grill across the street. Al and Coby got a yummy Meat Ravioli dish that gave them both a case of you know what. Boo on Macaroni Grill . The only exciting thing was we had them sing Happy Birthday to Trevor.I emptied our stockings today and this is what we ended up with.
While most people will be getting drunk on New Years Eve we will be in Sugar Shock and have gained about 20 pounds. Happy New Years To Us!!
It was great to go home and see everyone. I didn' want to leave. Time seems to go by faster when youre having fun and not working. Here I am again sitting at the computer wondering if anyone is going to read what I'm writing or just scroll thru my pictures and wonder what I'm going to write about next. Maybe my new years resolution will be to cut back on my recently aquired blog.

2 comments:

bb,tonya and cam... said...

no ranes you can't cut back!!! i love it! so are we still on for NYE is LV!? billy and I are trying to decide when the best time to leave would be...tuesday night or wed morning....suggestions?

Christy said...

Fun times in Salt Lake. That snow looks intense! Are you still in Salt Lake? Jace and I would love to get together this weekend if you are around. Let me know!