Thursday, March 26, 2009

Baby You Can Drive My Car

Last weekend my mom finally came to visit us in Las Vegas. She hasn't been since Circus Circus was "the hotel." My oh my how things have changed:) We started the weekend off with sushi at the Social House at Treasure Island. Not the best sushi, but really cool atmosphere.

Afterwards we took her to the Foundation room at the Mandalay Bay for one of the best views in Vegas.

On Friday morning we went to breakfast at Peppermill. This was all of our first experience eating at Peppermill and it was hilarious. Everything is decorated in the tackiest 70s things you could find including the napkins, but I must admit there breakfast is amazing.

The highlight of the weekend was going to see Love at the Mirage. It was awesome. They played all the best Beatles songs including "Baby You Can Drive My Car" and there was so much dancing unlike all the other Cirque shows. Loved it!!





Later we took her to club XS which is still the best club ever even if there is sick nasty girls that need to wear pants their size!!



I told my mom we would hit at least 5 malls before she went home so on Saturday we went to the Forum Shops at Caesars and then topped it off with a stop to Circus Circus to watch one of the acts. That place is one big germ fest. I wanted to take a shower afterwards and I don't think we will be going back anytime soon.

Of course we took her to the Bellagio to see the conservatory and watch the fountains. The flowers were beautiful and right now they have a butterfly house you can walk through.




It was so windy when we were watching the fountains the water would blow back at everyone, so we could only handle one show before we were soaking wet.
On Sunday we took Rebecca to our Sunday school class and then went to Hoover Dam afterwards.




After sittin in Dam traffic we went to dinner at Ruths Chris for my moms Birthday!! Ruths Chris is sooo different here. I felt like I was eating dinner in the game Clue. Totally different atmosphere, but the food is still just as good.
You might think this entry is extremely long, but we did a ton. That night we went to Blue Man Group which was as weird as ever.
I've always wanted to get a picture with this Humpty Dumpty in the Venetian, so here it is:)

On Monday we ended the trip at the famous Welcome to Vegas sign and Town Square which is a fun mall to hang out at when the weathers nice. The airport is like 5 minutes away, so the airplanes fly over the mall and it is crazy how close they get. We also saw the biggest dog ever so I had to take a picture. I think it's half horse.



Thanks for coming to visit us in Vegas mom. See you in a few weeks!!

2 comments:

Heather Rose said...

I saw the Blue Man Group in California a few years ago. It was weird, but very cool. We actually managed to get back stage and meet some of the guys. They look even bluer close up!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.