Tuesday, August 11, 2009

True Story

Last weekend we went to Utah to help my mom get a new car. Our goal was to get rid of the Audi that has become a nightmare and leave her with a car that will actually be reliable. Well on friday afternoon we drove to Orem to see if we could trade it in and get "The Friends and Family" discount because we knew the GM at a Ken Garff in SLC. As we pulled up the AC was starting to blow warm air and smell rather strange. Then when we parked the oil and coolant lights went on and billows of white smoke started coming from the engine. If your reading this, your probably thinking that sounds like a movie, but this is a true story. I would've taken pictures, but I think all of us were so shocked that this was really happening I for once couldn't think about blogging.
We waited until the engine was done smoking and tried to compose ourselves to at least see if we could swing something and trade this nightmare of car in. One hour later and only $800 off for "Friends & Family" we realized we needed to call someone for a ride home...lol
Two hours later we had the Audi being towed to some random mechanic in Orem and this I did get a picture of.


Note: Pretty sure the entire dealership was watching us from the steps and didn't even offer to help. The guy in the red shirt could have used a little exercise.

Now who does that really happen to? This was also the 6th time my mom has had this car towed in the last 4 months. We were so glad to see my Aunt Sarah arrive in her windsurfing van. Al and I got to lay in the back on a futon....HAHAH
and my mom got to ride up front with Rosco.
Definately a story I'm sure we will look back on someday and laugh about. However as of right now I think all of us are just crossing our fingers that we can get the car fixed and then trade it in. Thank you Sarah and Rosco for coming to get us!!
Other than the Audi we had fun and got to see lots of family and friends while we were in town.
Danielle and Crue who I didn't get a picture with, but I stole this one of Crue off FB.
He is so precious and such a good baby. Congrats Danielle and Josh!! I also took had to take some pictures of their dog Cecil. He loves his rubber duck
Lexi at her new job with Orbit Medical
Abbie...I miss her
Tonya and Ashley. Tonya claims she is 4 months pregnant, but you would never know by looking at her:)
Megan, Kyle, and Porter. Porter is SOOOO CUTE!!

and the last night we were there Stacy made us a delicous choclate cake. Ryan loved it.
I can't forget to blog about the new MLM I was approached about Nu Skin Galvanic Spa System. Supposedly it stops aging and gets rid of wrinkles. Here is a picture of AL and Stacys brother getting it done....lol


Yet another MLM in UTAH. Will they ever stop? Just so you know if you join this one you will make sooo much money. Bah haha

No comments: