Monday, May 3, 2010

ESCAPE FROM ALCATRAZ

The big day finally arrived for The Escape From Alcatraz Triathlon which is what I've heard Al talk about for the last 5 months. It was another perfect day.....so lucky.
We waited on the beach where all the athletes finish their swim.
Alcatraz in the distance
Ross, Al, and Al 4 before the big swim.
At this point the race had already started. If you look closely you can see white splashes by the boat and that is everyone swimming.
We did a lot of waiting
Coby trying to hold the binoculars steady
The very first swimmer out of the water....it only took him 20 minutes or so to swim 1.5 miles.
The first girl swimmers out of the water
I can't even explain how amazing it was to watch this guy. WOW
I made collages because I took so many pictures. Al
Al 4Ross
Playing around with some picture editing
The finish line
AMAZING
loved all the creative outfits



I'm so glad Al wore yellow or should I say I'm glad I searched for hours for a yellow Zoot shirt to match his helmet and bike. It's all about color coordinating especially in Triathlons. I could spot him so easily in that shirt and it was so nice.
I love this picture of Al's dad. You can feel the energy from looking at the picture.Al 4 finishing.Al and I after the race.
Meet my husband the triathlete. The race was amazing to watch. I'm so proud of Al for all his hard work and dedication. You did great!!

3 comments:

Megan Kyle and Porter Cross said...

Tell Al congrats on completing this crazy triathlon. WOW... I couldnt even imagine doing that... but if I ever did... I would make sure I was tan lol. Al is still a little pastey but thats ok he did great!

Vagabond Mother said...

I loved seeing these pictures. So cool. You guys are amazing!

QNC said...

That is so awesome. Quentin is so jealous. he has always wanted to do escape from alcatraz. Q is doing the salt lake century ride this weekend. I'm going to tell him to wear yellow for me. Great idea! Good job Al!