The perfect way to start a perfect day is to have a perfect breakfast and that is why we went to Aroma in Studio City.
It's a quaint little cafe filled with lots of trinkets, pastries, cakes, jars filled with candy, and a menu with breakfast, lunch and dinner. If you click on this collage you can see how delicous our breakfast was. Al's was of course the sweet dish....french toast and mine was the eggs benedict with asaparagus and a bowl of fresh fruit.
After breakfast we drove to Simi Valley which is where I work now. Normally I wouldn't want to be anywhere near that city on a weekend, but I had big plans for us to go to the Blueberry Farm and the Ronald Reagan Library. When we got to the Farm I was so excited to find goats and llamas that you could feed and OF COURSE I fed them. One of the goats was being really lazy, basking in the sun on his 20ft post.
Picking blueberries was so much fun. I'm sure it would get old after about an hour, but since I've never been to a blueberry farm I loved it. Picking blueberries is definatley harder than it looks. It's very time consuming and I totally understand now why they are so expensive in the stores. If you look at the top right picture that was the blueberry winner.....big, blue, and round. I'm a pro now!!
You may sample, but don't make a meal out of it. I'm suprised my teeth weren't blue by the time we left because I had a lot of samples:)
They also had a Farmers Market and I was in heaven. I loooove fresh fruits and vegetables. I would have been perfectly fine if Al would have left me there for the day. Hooray for Farmers Markets and picking your own blueberries!!
Next stop.... The Ronald Reagan Library
Air Force One
You weren't allowed to take pictures in Air Force One which I didn't really understand, but I figured since I paid $12 and turned off my flash that I could sneak a couple of pictures. This was the plane for Reagan, George H.W. Bush, Clinton, and George W Bush. George W. Bush got a new plane at some point and I'm sure the one Obama is flying around in is amazing. Below is a picture of the office.
A sitting area. Reagan apparently loved jelly bellys and they had jars of them displayed all over the plane.
This next picture is a perfect replica of Ronald Reagans Oval Office
The next exhibit was my favorite.....inside the White House. A mini White House replica that took over 600,000 hours to create. It shows every room inside the White House and has tiny working televisions, hand carved chairs, and crystal chandeliers.
It was so impressive that at one point I thought how cool would it have been to have a doll house like this when I was little......maybe even now, lol.
The top left room is the First Lady's sitting room, next to it is their bedroom, and next to that one is Obamas sitting room and of course the guy gets the t.v.
Close Up
Air Force One, one of Reagans cars, and a beautiful view of dried up Simi Valley.

It's a quaint little cafe filled with lots of trinkets, pastries, cakes, jars filled with candy, and a menu with breakfast, lunch and dinner. If you click on this collage you can see how delicous our breakfast was. Al's was of course the sweet dish....french toast and mine was the eggs benedict with asaparagus and a bowl of fresh fruit.
After breakfast we drove to Simi Valley which is where I work now. Normally I wouldn't want to be anywhere near that city on a weekend, but I had big plans for us to go to the Blueberry Farm and the Ronald Reagan Library. When we got to the Farm I was so excited to find goats and llamas that you could feed and OF COURSE I fed them. One of the goats was being really lazy, basking in the sun on his 20ft post.
Picking blueberries was so much fun. I'm sure it would get old after about an hour, but since I've never been to a blueberry farm I loved it. Picking blueberries is definatley harder than it looks. It's very time consuming and I totally understand now why they are so expensive in the stores. If you look at the top right picture that was the blueberry winner.....big, blue, and round. I'm a pro now!!
They also had a Farmers Market and I was in heaven. I loooove fresh fruits and vegetables. I would have been perfectly fine if Al would have left me there for the day. Hooray for Farmers Markets and picking your own blueberries!!
Next stop.... The Ronald Reagan Library
Air Force One
You weren't allowed to take pictures in Air Force One which I didn't really understand, but I figured since I paid $12 and turned off my flash that I could sneak a couple of pictures. This was the plane for Reagan, George H.W. Bush, Clinton, and George W Bush. George W. Bush got a new plane at some point and I'm sure the one Obama is flying around in is amazing. Below is a picture of the office.
A piece of the Berlin wall, so much amazing history.

A beautiful and amazing Saturday.
No comments:
Post a Comment