Saturday, September 4, 2010

Friends & Family

Last weekend we were in Utah for Al's Triathlon. It was a quick 3 day trip, but we got to see a lot of friends and family while we were there. We had breakfast at Kneaders with my long lost friends and their husbands.
I can't beleive that Megan has two kids and Tonya has one. That means Ash and I are next!!
Megan's little boy Porter is so cute. He loves the camera.
What a hamMegan with Porter and Nora.
Tonya's little boy Camden. He is adorbale and sooo sweet. I still haven't ever heard him cry. The best $4.99 all you can eat french toast!!
That night we went to dinner with my family at my favorite Thai restaurant. It was so good to see everyone.
My favorite soup and I can't find at any other Thai restaurant. It is seriously so amazing.
On Saturday we were at Al's triathlon for most of the day which I will post pictures of on a separate blog post. Afterwards I got a much needed pedi/mani with my mom. I miss those days.That night Al and I went to Coby's football game at Rice Eccles. Coby is #2
Good Ol Rice Eccles, so many fun memories here.
It was a fun game and Lone Peak won!! Good job Coby
On Sunday we went to Chad and Danielle's baby blessing for their baby Sienna. It was so much fun to see them. Sienna is beautiful and so was the blessing. We miss hanging out with them in Vegas. Al's sisters baby blessing was also that afternoon, so we made a quick detour from Farmington to Layton to see my Aunt Mary and cute little Blake. He rode his dirt bike around for us, too funny.
Their house is kids paradise. A playground, trampoline, dirt bikes, horses, guinea pigs, fish and a huge backyard. We were feeding Mary's horse Sassy apricots. After Sassy chews up the apricot she spits out the seed. It was so funny. Blake and his new pet lizard. I think he was bummed I didn't want to hold it.
The fattest guinea pig ever!!
Rolf, Mary, Me, and Blake
We made it from Layton to Draper in 40 minutes. It amazes me how fast you can get somewhere in Utah. Here is cute little Kasjen before his blessing.
Unfortunately I got sidetracked after the blessing and only got this picture of Al's great grandma Alice. She is seriously the sweetest. It was a great day and we are so glad we got to be there for Danielle and Chads baby blessing and Kaj and Nikkis. It worked out perfect.
A great ending to our trip was raiding my Aunt Liz's and Al's granadparents gardens. I had a garbage bag full of vegetables and it made me so happy. I was a little concerned at how I was going to get them past the California check point, but luckily we didn't get stopped. Phew

No comments: