Sunday, November 28, 2010
Thanksgiving 2010
Thanksgiving is always a little more low key when you don't live by family. This year we invited our friends over that just moved to LA from Vegas and the Missionarys. It was my first year making Thanksgiving dinner, so I was a little worried about how everything would turn out. Al said he was going to play Turkey Bowl at 7am and somehow didn't return until noon. I think it was so he secretly got out of helping me do all the things he loves to do like iron the table cloths, empty the dishwasher, set the table, etc. Luckily he didn't come back with too many injuries.
After he smelled normal again he glued himself to the couch to watch more Football. I will NEVER understand how someone can watch so much sports and never get sick of it...lol
About 90% of my day consisted of this. I love to cook, but standing the entire day when your pregnant is exhausting. Thankfully I have a job where I get to sit on my butt all day long.
Thanks to the bag our turkey turned out perfect!!
Luckily everything else was great too or at least that's what everyone told me. The menu consisted of Turkey, Ham, Dressing, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Fresh Green Beans (I hate canned and the casserole), Cranberry Sauce, Rolls, and the most popular dish Ruth's Chris Sweet Potato Casserole which could easily be a dessert.
Elder Landis and Elder Alisa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh my gosh. Can't believe you were brave enough to take on thanksgiving alone! Looks great. (And hilarious that you made the missionaries sit alone at their own little table. We don't have a big table either! It sucks.)
lady you are getting so pregos and its adorable.
you make the cutest prego mommy EVER!
its so fun to think what it looks like. =]
you look so cute with your baby bump. and i can't believe you made a whole thanksgiving dinner. i am counting it as a blessing isaac doesn't like football.
Post a Comment