Thursday, August 18, 2011

Dog Days of Summer

I'm not sure if it's just a common phrase of 2011 or if it's because the song Dog Days Are Over is popular, but this is the Dog Days of Summer. Last weekend our friend Ross was in town so we had a yummy sushi dinner in Huntington Beach.
The Asian waitress told Ross that him and Alex look alike....hahah
On Saturday Ross and Al did a 70 mile bike ride on the PCH, no big deal.
We went to our friend Jeni's goodbye party at the W Hotel in Westwood. I was a little weary of taking Alex, but there was quite a few kids in the pool. I'm not sure why families with kids would stay at the W Hotel, but hey whatever works.
This pool was really warm and Alex loved it. He kept splashing water in his face, but I don't think he knew where it was coming from.....so funny.
His Fedora hat was a huge hit. I think at least 5 people commented on it, so Danielle thank you for the adorable hat.
Goodbye and Good Luck to our friend Jeni that is moving to San Francisco! We will miss you.
I picked another perfect day to go to the beach.....cloudy, windy, and no trace of sunshine. I'm not sure how it always happens, but hopefully I will get a perfect beach day once this summer. Al has managed to implement his trainings into every family outing.
While Alex and I tried to keep warm in the sand Al went for a swim and run.
Alex somehow managed to put his hands in the sand and then they went straight for his mouth. He did not like that one bit and luckily we had a water bottle to rinse them off.
I seriously froze and all I had was Alex's thin Aden and Anais blanket to wrap around me so next time I'm coming prepared with a hoodie for all of us :)

1 comment:

Danielle Selander said...

whit! you look FABULOUS and Alex looks mighty handsome in that fedora! :) miss you guys!