Saturday, June 2, 2012

Birthday Workout

Last weekend was a crazy workout/birthday weekend for Al. He committed to a 3 day workout with his Triathlon Club.  On Saturday he went on a 90 mile bike ride up Angeles Crest Highway which is 11,000 feet of climbing.  Al said it was around 20 degrees at the top and everyone was shaking on their bikes it was so cold and no one had any warm clothes on.
He was gone from about 6am-4pm, but later that night we went to dinner at Mastro's Steakhouse in Beverly Hills.  I've heard so many great things about this restaurant, so I was really excited for dinner.  The food was amazing, but we got seated next to the bar and piano player and it was seriously so loud we couldn't even hear one another talk.  I was a little bummed afterwards when I realized there is another dining room downstairs that is quiet and romantic.  Seriously?  I was disappointed especially since their food isn't exactly affordable.  
The most amazing Lobster Mashed Potatoes and I forgot to take my left overs that were sitting on the table!!
Delicious Happy Birthday Al 5 cake they presented us with, but it still didn't make up for all the noise.
On Sunday which was Al's birthday he left bright and early for a 1 mile swim in the ocean and a 10 mile run along the beach.
That afternoon we went to a Dodgers game.
Alex missed his nap so he slept until the crowd cheered and he was very confused when he woke up.
Best seats in the stadium!!
Our friends from our old ward were in town staying with us, so it was fun to catch up.
Alex enjoying the view.
Alex just started holding our hands while he walks except you can't hold it too tight or he gets mad...lol
Al requested an Ironman dinner so I made this Sweet Potato Salad from this book and it was amazing.   So colorful and delicious.
A Snickers cake with Snickers ice cream for dessert.

On Monday Al went on a 100 mile bike ride.  At mile 94 they had a 2000ft climb up Chantry Flats to the helipad where the picture below was taken.
Not a bad workout for a weekend :)
While Al was riding we met up with Sachia and her family at the La Canada Memorial Day Parade.
Alex rummaging through my purse.

Later that day we went to Sachia's for a BBQ.

Kids paradise, Alex would never leave her house if I didn't take him home.

and Al's amazing tan lines that he got from not wearing sunscreen 3 days in a row.  I think he might start wearing it now, I hope.

No comments: