Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Austin

Al's Dad and Coby were in Austin for the BYU game so we decided to take a trip up there to go visit them and go to the game.  Al went to San Antonio that morning for a meeting and left us at the outlets which was fine with me since I've been dying to go to Lulu.  We had an hour to kill before the outlets opened so I took the boys to McDonalds.  They got to play, have cinnamon rolls, and drink oj.
When we got to Austin we had a late lunch with Al's dad at the original Whole Foods which was amazing.  So many food options and beautiful food everywhere.  I could've spent all day in there.  That night we had dinner at the Hula Hut on Lake Austin.  Can you tell Cole was tired :)
We had a seat right on the water and for a moment I forgot we were in Texas, so pretty.  
I've been asking Al to take me to see the bats at Congress Avenue Bridge forever so tonight was the night.  It started pouring rain after dinner so I was worried we wouldn't get to see them, but it all worked out and we only had to wait for about 10 minutes.  It was so weird and so smelly!!   I've never seen so many bats.  I told Alex it was Batman and his family :)
Alex and I by the big bat statue.
We had a late night snack at Gordough's which was not as good as the trailer.  I love this picture of Alex.  Thank goodness for iPads.
The next morning we had to get up early to meet everyone to go boating.  I felt so bad waking up Cole, but he was a good sport and went with it.
A fun ride on the luggage cart with Dad.
We went boating on Lake Travis and it was so much fun.  The water was so warm and the lake is so pretty, but look how low the water levels are.  
Cole and Alex playing on the tube.
Alex loved tubing with Dad behind the boat.  We may need our own someday.
Cole was so sleepy he took a nap on me, love his squishy face.
I hadn't been wake boarding since I lived in Utah and I still got up, yay.  I wish we could go every weekend.
That night was the game so we took our stuff to Coby & Al's hotel for the boys to nap and everyone to shower.  So much fun packed into 1 day and look at these cute helpers wanting to do everything Al does.

No comments: