I don't think there is anything worse than losing a child. My heart breaks for Nikki and Kaj and I can't even imagine what they are feeling. Tui was about to turn 3 and was such a cute little boy.
The day after the accident happened Nikkis neighbors and ward members tied blue ribbons all over the neighborhood in remembrance of Tui. It was amazing to watch the amount of love and support they received and also hard to not be there to help.
We left Dallas early Wednesday morning so we would be able to go to the viewing that night. Al was holding Cole and he peed his pants right before we boarded the plane. I didn't have a change of clothes so he had to sit on the plane for 3 hours like this and Al's suit jacket smelled like pee :)
Everyone who helped with the viewing did such an amazing job with all the beautiful framed pictures, super heroes, and flowers.
Viewings are already so sad, but when it's tiny coffin with a sweet little boy it just makes it even more emotional. Tui loved the Hulk so they put him in a Hulk costume with a special blanket made for him.
One of the hardest things was watching how hard it was on Nikki and Kaj. I watched her from afar that night and was so impressed at how she handled everything considering the circumstances.
It was an emotional night for everyone and that cute Tui will be missed by all.
No comments:
Post a Comment