Monday, March 2, 2009
Weekend Fun
On Friday I joined the Kappas for the fundraiser Reading is Key. We hosted our own reading event with 100 3rd graders and purchased 100 books so everyone would have one to take home. We read them the book Amazing Grace and then they got to decorate Kappa bookmarks. Afterwards they got to leave with a treat and a book. It was great to see how excited all of them were.




It has been so warm in Vegas this past week we decided to go on a hike just past the Hoover Dam. The hike is called Arizona Hot Springs and is one of my new favorite hikes(you know how I love hiking:)) It starts right off the road and I was like what is this hike?? Nothing like the Rocky Mountains thats for sure.

As we scurried along our way the scenery started to get better.

and then after 3 miles we ended up at the Colorado River which was so pretty. Al had to have a snack, so I snapped some more pictures.


Last but not least we found the ladder we had been looking for that led us to the hot springs or should I say public bath. There is something about sitting in a natural hot spring with 20 other people that I love.



After our relaxing soak we said goodbye to all our new hot spring friends and headed back. Best Hike Ever however you definately don't want to do that hike in the summer heat:)
My legs look weird in this picture because I was trying to avoid my feet from getting wet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
glad you are putting your free time to good and fun use :) hike seemed like so much fun though the water didn't seem to clean and refreshing :)
Can't wait to do this hike myself! But like you said, I better hurry up before it gets to hot!
Post a Comment