Al has become obesessed with yet another sport. Lucky me!! I will admit that I like golf and want a set of my own PINK golf clubs someday. Al's birthday is next week and we bought him clubs in advance, so he could use them before July weather hits and we will only be able to stay inside. We went to the driving range last week and hit some balls. Luckily it was a cheap course, so no one would be alarmed when I only hit the ball 4ft...lol
Of course I took pics and here they are.

Al doesn't like the picture above. Let that be a lesson to smile normal next time:)


This range is awesome because right when you're about to hit the ball an airplane flys over and it is soooo loud...lol.


Also you have the beautiful scenery of the strip to soak in while you hit balls. It was so amazing.

I talked Al into taking me to Melting Pot on Friday due to a wonderful coupon I found online. Free Fondue for 2 when you purchase an entree. Here is the link
http://www.themeltingpotclubfondue.com/signup.cgi?n=194557We went at 7pm and the restaurant was dead. I guess I was expecting it to be packed like the one in SLC. I need to stop comparing things to Utah.
The food was delicous, but I always love the CHEESE


and CHOCOLATE the most

Look at all the chocolate drips on my plate...lol At least Al didn't get one of me eating it with a spoon. HA
I was going to take pictures of the fondue and all the pretty food they bring out, but I left my D90 at home. However we went to sushi last night and I brought it because Al let me buy a new purse big enough to hold everything including both of my cameras. We go to this place by our house called Sushi Fever(SK you and BB went there with us on NYE) and it is hands down the best sushi I've had. Better than Kyoto in Utah, Nobu at Hard Rock, and anywhere else I've been. Here is our new favorite called Jens Spaghetti. It is sooo good. It makes me hungry looking at this picture.

Who watched the horse race on Saturday?? Al and I happened to be walking through the Wynn 10 minutes before the race started so we joined in with the other 500 people that were watching.


Al and I cheered on the filly Rachel Alexandra. YAY for Fillys!! She's the first filly to win the Preakness since 1924. I made Al promise that we would go to a horse race someday. Hopefully the Kentucky Derby so I can buy a really really big hat:)
Last item of business is our wonderful afternoon snack at the Fashion Show Mall. Hot Dog On A Stick. Is it crazy that 2 hot dogs and a large lemondae cost $10?? Here are some pics from my favorite spot at the mall.


Al is the best husband because he gives me the crunchy batter part that is leftover on his sticks. Does love get any better than that:)
4 comments:
i love the melting pot. the cheese and chocolate are my favorite parts. i don't care for the meat all that much even the shrimp isn't that good. maybe al should consider wearing something else to play golf in other than a business casual atire. :) see you in a week :)
HI WHIT!!! I just realized I never comment because I'm always reading your blog from my phone. :( But I LOVE your blog and you always have the best pics.
I wish I could do the NY marathon! I want to do it next year! That's for sure one I want to experience. Al and Tay should go golfing sometime b/c Tay is obsessed with golf!!! FYI...it's an expensive habit :)
Hi Whitney-
Sorry this is so random! You don’t know me- I was in Al’s ward in San Antonio. Your blog came up in my recommended blogs on Google Reader and I was shocked when it was actually someone I knew! Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and leave a comment so you don’t think there is a crazy person looking at your blog! :) Congrats on the wedding! Tell Al we say hi!
Megan (Hullinger) Trayner
natemeg.blogspot.com
Post a Comment