Monday, September 21, 2009

The Week of Whitney

Last week while Al was in San Diego I was at home twiddling my thumbs and brainstorming exciting things I could do by myself. My first thought was washing my car. Every car wash we have seen in California is at least $10 and that doesn't include a tip. I'm kind of neurotic about cleaning and hate watching people do what I could do way better. Luckily this guy from church told us about a do it yourself car wash which was the best news ever!! There were a ton of bugs on my hood, so I was spraying them until they disappeared and apparently (girls take note of this) you shouldn't spray directly on your hood because too much water can leak into the engine. Well when I got back into start my car......dead and then I had to ask some creeper to jump me. Ya didn't start.....I panicked and thought great Al isn't in town and I don't know a soul in this area. Well 2 hours later I had my car towed to Acura. Nothing exciting must happen in Glendale because everyone was watching my car get towed out of the car wash...hahah oh and the name of the tow comany was Gays Towing. I had 2 people come up to me and ask me if that's why I picked it??

Exciting right:) Good news my car got fixed the next day and it turned out to be a dead battery and blown fuse which was most likely caused by water.

I met some friends at The Grove in Hollywood which I've been dying to go to, mostly to see the Farmers Market they have everyday. Great shopping which includes the best Zara I've ever been in and The Farmers Market is just as good as the one in Seattle at Pikes Place. Loved it!! We ate at this cute restaurant in the Farmers Market and I had the best Artichoke ever.

Afterwards we went to this ice cream place called ICEPAN. It's a natural ice cream made with fresh fruit and you choose the type of milk. They pour the liquid on the ice pan and make it right there and it's sooo good. Way better than Pinkberry and Yogurtland.
If you come visit....ICE PAN on us!!
Thursday was the best day ever!! I had to pick up a friend from Long Beach airport, so I decided to make a day of it and treat myself to Huntington Beach. I've decided it's my favorite beach in California. I'm over Santa Monica and Venice which are trashy. Huntington is clean combed sand, no one is selling mango or boogie boards, and the scenery is so pretty including the people.
Jenna got us guest passes to The Sports Club/LA and I can't even explain how ridiculously amazing it was. They have valet service, a bar, a restaurant, clothing stores, a spa where they serve strawberries and champagne, an indoor pool with a outside area on the roof to lay out, basketball court, raquetball, pilates, regular gym equipment and anything else you could ever need at the gym. It made me actually want to work out...haha Bachelorette fans you will be happy to know I went to another bachelor event and this time I got a picture with Juan. We also asked him to take a picture of Wendy and I and these were his exact words " This is the first time I've been behind a camera in 3 months." I pretended I didn't hear him and just thought to myself you better live it up JUANY because your fame is about up!
Al finally got home and we summed up the week by celebrating at the beach. Actually we were supposed to meet some friends there and due to lack of communication they ended up on Santa Monica and we ended up on Venice. That beach is always good for people watching, but the freaks were out which made for some good entertainment. The best thing I saw was this guy balancing on a wood stool in a leather thong holding snakes.

There was the typical medal detector guy. I want to walk around with one of them for a day and see if what they find is really worth it.
I thought this lady standing with her big hat was a pretty pictureand the newest addition to our beach bag.....SMASHBALL I used to play this with my aunt when I was younger, so I even bought the original wood paddles to bring it back old school:) Yay for California!!







No comments: