Sunday, December 20, 2009

Holiday Fun

We went to dinner at the best Mexican restaurant on Sunset and it was totally the best because every seat was full!! There was a live Mexican DJ and band in front of our table.
Al got really sick this week, so we didn't do too much, but made up for it on Saturday. We decided to hike to the Hollywood sign and the weather was perfect. Before we found the trail we stumbled onto this horse ranch where you can rent horses.....It's the same one The Girls Next Door went to, but they actually got to ride up to the Hollywood sign. The Horse Ranch had their own Hollywood sign too....if you click on this picture to make it bigger you can see it. Al wanted to be spontaneous and cancel our hike to ride the horses, but I was determined to see the sign up close!!
This is at the beginning of our hike
I'm so amazing that I can hold up the Hollywood sign
Here is a picture of how perfect our day was....if you look really close you can see the ocean in the background.....Ahhhhhh and drum roll............here is the Hollywood sign
Amazing right?? Especially with the fence in the way. I thought about hopping it for about 10 seconds but then I saw the cameras on every letter.
Another picturesque view.....did I mention it was 80 degrees


I'm also a new USC fan. I recently got involved with the Kappa House and I'm the new Rush Advisor. Last week we had a meeting with the girls that hold offices and it made me feel really old. Yay for Kappas at USC and The University of Utah
After our big hike we decided to go to Pinks and double all the calories we just burned. Pinks is this really famous Hot Dog restaurant in Hollywood. It's been open since 1947 and there is always a crazy line wrapped around the building.....just like in my picture below.
There menu has way too many hot dogs to choose from. When it was finally our time to order we saw how big they were so we decided to share the American Dream. Al gets greedy whenever we order food and thinks he can eat for like 4 people, but he agreed to share with me.
Here is our American Dream Hot Dog(Al wouldn't let them put the tomatoes and lettuce on it) and our chili fries......a heart attack waiting to happen. We both left stuffed, so I'm glad we shared.
On our way home we drove by one of the Scientology churches....I think this is their headquarters. You can see this sign from everywhere, probably even the moon.
Later that night we went to Pershing Square to go ice skating. It's the closest thing to skating in Central Park, but we didn't actually end up ice skating. I've been looking forward to it all week until we got there and I saw their 6ft rink.....not even joking. Plus you should have seen the line....not worth it.
Instead we walked around Pershing Square which took about 5 minutes
The best part was the snow area for the kids. They were going crazy over dirty fake snow.
I had read about another skating rink by the Nokia center, but online it made it sound like the rink the Kings play on. Well we arrived and it was another disappointment when we saw that this rink was even smaller than Pershing Square and the ice was in desparate need of some smoothing.
We walked around the Staples Center and they had really pretty decorations up.

We discovered this bowling alley called Lucky Strike. It's an upscale bowling alley with a dress code and you have to be 21. Basically its a huge bar/lounge and bowling alley. They have huge tvs at the end of each lane, curtains dividing your area, and the nicest lounge chairs ever. If your going bowling this is definatley the way to do it. Since we were still stuffed from Pinks we went to another famous restaurant for dessert called The Pantry Cafe
This restaurant has never been closed since 1924 and they don't even have locks on their doors....lol
We shared a chocolate shake and it was seriously the best shake we've ever had!!
oh and they give you this huge chunk of bread....I prefer slices. It was the best day ever!!
Today at church all the kids dressed up in primary as angels, stars, 3 wisemen,
Al as Joseph
and us as Mary & Joseph

No comments: