New Years got pretty crazy for us this year. I worked until 7 and then Al and I decided to go to Long Beach to watch Travis Pastrana do the world record jump. He went 90mph in a car on Long Beach Pier and jumped 269ft onto a barge floating off the Pier. It was soooo crazy to watch in person!! Here is the
video if you didn't see it
Here is a view of the two ramps...look closely behind
the boats.

I don't know what it is about crowds these days, but people gross me out. Maybe it's just all the body odors people put off or maybe it's the sickeys blowing cigarette smoke around. Whatever it is I don't handle crowds as well as I used too which means I need to go to Time Square for NYE ASAP!

Al & I

That little dot on the right is Travis Pastrana after he did the jump. If you didn't watch the video above he jumped off the ramp into the water.

Once all the crazies were gone I could actually get a good view of the ramps.

Afterwards we were going to go to dinner in Hollywood, but ended up staying in Long Beach since there was so much going on. We at at a Teppanyaki place called Tokyo Wako which was so yummy and they didn't charge extra for fried rice like most. The infamous onion volcano which will never get old.

After dinner in my new sequin NYE shirt

Another view of the ramps but even better because we are in it

Long Beach

After dinner we had an hour until fireworks so we walked around the pier and watched all the drunks making fools of themselves....that was only entertaining for about 30 minutes, so then we went and sat on this hill with a lighthouse. Believe it or not it was actually really cold (not as cold as looking at lights at Temple Square). It was really windy which made it worse.

The fireworks were shot off the Queen Mary which looks exactly like Titanic...lol Al and I considered eating dinner and hanging out there for NYE until we found out it was $300 per person, but that included a room for the night.

Jan 1, 2010 I finally found the Forest Gump photo opp I've been looking for, for years!! What a great way to start 2010.

Going back to 2009 for a moment. I totally forgot to write about when Jobi and I got stuck in the Wells Fargo parking garage the other day. Drive Thru's at banks don't exist in California....convenient right. We were in Jobis car and apparently some spots have a lower ceiling clearance than other spots, but we didn't see that sign and so this happened.

Luckily we weren't really stuck and it just scraped her rack, but it was pretty funny.

On Saturday it was a beautiful day which is usually every day in California, but I won't try to brag about that. We went to Griffith Park and found this creepy Carousel. Al was on the phone with his dad when he told us that's where Charles Manson used to hang out.....creepy

Here is the Carousel from a distance

This Carousel played the creepiest Carnival music and went faster than most Merry Go Rounds I've seen.

I also saw the coolest toy ever!! This huge red ball thing that looks like grapes and in the middle the kid gets in and you push them around. Where were these things when I was little??

We shortly discovered Gophers rule Griffith Park. There are holes everywhere

A pretty picture of Griffith Park with the hills in the background.

I played football with Al.....well not real football, just catch. He taught me how to throw spirals, catch, kick, and much much more.

We made our goals for 2010 and my first and foremost is to find a full time job. Here is to making 2010 a great one!! Happy New Year
No comments:
Post a Comment