Monday, April 12, 2010

Newport Beach Triathlon

The big day finally arrived....Al IV and Al V first Triathlon. I had my bag packed and camera ready for the 4am wake up call, but the night before I got food poisoning or the 24 hour flu and it was horrible. Talk about bad timing. I was so bummed I couldn't go and cheer on Al and his dad, but luckily Kaj and Chad took pictures for me.
To the untrained eye these look like two seasoned triathletes until you see that Sr Al has his goggles on upside down...hahahah
Al V(My Al) age group getting ready to take off for the 1/2 mile swim.
and they are off
Sr Als age group getting ready for the swim
My Al finishing his swim
Ross and Al in the background on the 13 mile bike ride



End of the bike ride, heading into the transition area

3 mile run
Almost to the Finish Line
Sr Al on his bike ride

Al V Finish Time!! Way to go Al.
3 more weeks until Escape from Alcatraz. You guys are going to do so awesome!!

1 comment:

QNC said...

Q wants to do Escape from Alcatraz so bad! He is going to be so jealous.