I had plans for the BIG 27 to go eat lunch at The Ivy and go to the beach, but Al ended up having to be at two different surgeries, so I had to fill my day full of things I love which are the 3 S's. What are the 3 S's....Shopping, Sun, and Sushi. It was 85 and sunny....coincidence, I think not. For my birthday I wanted new bedding and a tv for our bedroom. If you would have asked me that same question 2 years ago it would have been so different. The original plan was to get a 32 inch plasma, but Al and I got really greedy in Costco and somehow ended up buying a 42 inch.

I obviously wasn't thinking about how it would look sitting on our dresser or the fact that everything in Costco looks smaller because it's in a huge warehouse. Anyway this is what we ended up with....it looked soooo ridiculous I couldn't help but laugh. It was like being at the movies front row. Al was all about it....in fact he would have got a 50 inch if I would have let him.

I wasn't all about it, so we went back the next day and settled for a 27inch which looks perfect. Luckily Costco has a good return policy. Moral of the story....Don't be Greedy

I love our new bedding. After countless hours spent looking at bedding, I finally decided on this porcelain blue quilt from Pottery Barn along with the Euro shams and yellow throw pillows. I think it turned out pretty good since we don't have a pretty head board or a wall that isn't white!

My mom mailed me a little silver Norstrom box, balloons, and confetti. Thanks Mom!!

& she bought me a pre birthday orchid when she was here a few weeks ago.

I laid out at the pool for a couple of hours which was so nice because it is supposed to be in the 60's for the next two weeks. Booo

Al took me to dinner at Koi in Hollywood on Restaurant Row. On our way we saw Spiderman on Hollywood Blvd crouched down on a newspaper stand, so random.

Koi was everything I imagined it would be. Beautiful ambiance, amazing decor, delicous food, and the best remixed music. Here is the front door

We sat in the main dining room by the sushi bar. There are 4 or 5 different rooms you can sit in and they are all so pretty. Apparently no one in Hollywood goes to dinner until after 9pm. Our reservations were for 7:30 and we were seriously like the 3rd table there...lol When we were leaving Bentleys, Limos, and Mercedes were rolling up and the place was packed. I was hoping we would see a star since the place is supposedly always surrounded by paparazzi.

Our seared tuna appetizer topped with jalapeno and garlic chips. These pictures would be a lot better if I would have used my flash, but I felt so dumb taking pictures of my food with all the trendy beautiful Hollywood people around...lol

The special sushi roll...so good

My dinner....salmon that melted in my mouth

My tastebuds were so happy at this point I didn't know if dessert would make a difference. We ordered the molten lava cake and chocolate crem brulee. Along with my dessert two waitresses sang the best Happy Birthday serenade EVER. That's what you get in Hollywood....aspiring singers and actresses.

The chocolate Creme Brulee was indescribable. I have no idea how they got the chocolate in there, but every bite was just as good as the first and the raspberries were the best ones Al and I have ever had.

Lets just say it was the best birthday ever. Thanks for everything you do Al!!

1 comment:
That looks like so much fun! I am glad you had a great birthday you deserve it!!!
Post a Comment