Friday, June 18, 2010

Before And After

I received great news yesterday that Stacy was staying with us for the night. I've been wanting to reupholster our dining room chairs for awhile and since Al hates Jo-Ann Fabrics and I'm always too indecisive to choose something I knew Stacy would be perfect for this project. Ideally I would like a new table, but since we don't really have a big dining room I figure I should wait until we have a house. Here are the before pictures of the original fabric that I was so sick of looking at.

During our project
Notice my Lakers colors in the next picture. We totally wanted to go down to the Staples Center after the game, but figured the riots could be a little too much. I am from Utah after all.. It's amazing how many people will talk to you when you are wearing Lakers colors. Some lady came up to me at the mall and said "are you wearing purple for the Lakers?" Of course I said and then she proceeded to unbutton her trench coat and show me her Lakers shirt. I just smiled and said Gooooo Lakers!!
We were eating at a restaurant at the mall when the game ended and I've never seen anything like it, honking, screaming, and running around like crazy people. I'm sure alcohol had something to do with it, but we were only in Glendale. I can only imagine what downtown L.A. was like. Way to go Lakers!!

Sorry for that detour....back to the chairs. 10pm on a Thursday night probably isn't the best time to reupholster chairs and it took waaaaay longer than we thought it would. Getting those corners to lay proper was tricky.
This is at midnight.....still smiling and ready to throw the chairs through the window.
AFTER.....finally. I love them. I think they look so much better and now I can stop thinking about getting a new table for a few months:)
Just enjoying one more box of Jr Mints before we go to bed. So good to see you Stacy. Come back soon.

3 comments:

The Richards Family said...

so so so cute! I love the last posed pic (:

Carmen said...

Those look awesome!

QNC said...

Only you have the fashion sense to support the lakers while not looking like you are from west valley. :)