Saturday, October 9, 2010

L.A. Triathlon

Last weekend was the L.A. Triathlon. The swim started off in Venice Beach and ended in dowtown L.A. at the Staples Center. Here are the Al's bright eyed and bushy tailed before the race.
The first triathlon they did, Big Al was wearing his goggles upside down. Now it's a tradition. Before the swim....
and they are off
Al is on the far right in the gray cap
The waves were huge and a few people were pulled from the water because they couldn't get past the waves.
Al finishing up the swim
Here he comes
and there he goes
Big Al finishing the swim

Al finishing up the 24 mile bike ride
Love this next pictureAl starting the run
Look at those legs!!
Running by Walt Disney Concert HallThe coolest apartment building ever. It has random squares all over the front of the balconies that light up red. Coby and I figured out it was this huge Dance Dance Revolution area you step on and the squares light up in sync to the apartments. So fun
I got really hungry, what's new, so I missed Big Al on the bike and run transition, but
that's ok because I saw him finish!!

Afterwards....I'm wearing Al's L.A. triathlon shirt with a palm tree on the front, but I thought it looked more like you know what.
All of us after the race.
Way to go guys. Al amazed me again because he hadn't trained since the Utah half which was over a month ago. I don't know how he does it, but he's my hero.

No comments: