Wednesday, July 25, 2012

First Time Camper

Last weekend we had a ward camp out in Brea which is about 30 minutes from us.  Al had to put up signs before everyone got there so we left during Alex's nap time.  This is proof to everyone that he does in fact cry and get mad.  
We camped at the Boy Scouts of America Campground.
Alex was loving the whole tent thing.  
Another tantrum because I wouldn't let him get in the car.  This is his new thing to put his head on the ground and cry.

Camping in California is a little different than Utah.  No fires, no cool weather, no rivers, unless you drive 6 hours to Yosemite.  We wanted Tin Foil dinners but settled for Jersey Mikes since there were no fires allowed.
The highlight of the evening was the kids that found a tarantula, ewwww.  I freaked out when I heard about this, so gross.
When Alex gets really tired he can't stop hugging and kissing you, so sweet. Love that squishy face.  I swear I don't have an Adams apple like it appears in the picture.

When it got dark the kids found another tarantula, seriously?   How gross and big is this.  I took Alex in the tent after I saw it and zipped us in.  I should have slept in the car. We bought an air mattress for our tent which worked out pretty good.  Alex likes to inch over on me when he sleeps so I was on the edge the entire night.  He was up bright and early at 6am when it was light outside, but other than that we might just take him camping again.
Al was in charge of helping with breakfast so here he is.  He has tried to tell me for 4 years that he doesn't cook, but I saw him cooking bacon and pancakes.  I knew he had it in him :)
Alex enjoying the scenery at our amazing campground.
Breakfast with the big kids.
Alex has become a pretty good eater and has been more willing to try new things which makes me happy.

After breakfast there was a bunch of activities at the scout camp including gold panning which was really rocks spray painted gold.


A successful camping trip.

2 comments:

SupaFlowaPowa said...

he looks so cute with all that hair! i love the way your lululemon logo catches the light in the last photo. and jordan throws awful tantrums too, we just ignore him - it hasn't gotten worse, but it hasn't gotten better yet. it's interesting how they just do the same things sometime, must be an "at that age" type of thing, haha. glad you got to take him campin!! Jordan went at 6 months and loved it!

Unknown said...

I love your little tent. Looks like you guys had a blast. Wish we could have joined in on the fun.