Monday, December 17, 2012

Neglected

I've been meaning to post this for over a month, but when sleep and feedings are your main focus the blog gets neglected.  As much as I wanted our busy lifestyle to continue after Cole was born it has definitely slowed down a bit.   I've been trying to get us out at least once a day, but with nursing and sleep deprivation it's a challenge.  Al went with us the first few times which helped me get the hang of how I was going to handle a newborn and toddler who runs everywhere.
On Thanksgiving I saw an ad at Home Depot for a artificial tree for $59 normally $200.  I somehow talked Al into going at 5am on Black Friday for me.  He had success and got me the tree, a poinsettia which he said people were going crazy over, and a drill.  Later that day we ended up going back for some drill bits and he said if we go and there is a ton of trees left I'm going to be mad.  Sure enough the first thing we saw when we walked in was a pallet of those trees. We walked by the Christmas section and I decided I wanted to see the tree we just bought.  I asked a worker if that was the tree and he kind of chuckled and said no it's that one.  I looked over and it seriously had like 10 branches on it.  Al asked to speak to a manager because the picture in their ad clearly wasn't the one they were selling.   Al asked her if she had seen the tree and she said "yes I was going to buy one but then I put it up and saw it, Don't get me wrong, but that tree looks way Hispanic and I'm Hispanic."  Oh boy how funny is that.  
Long story short we ended up returning the Hispanic one and buying a different one.  I wish I would have taken a picture of the other tree, so funny.
Fake sleeping with Dad, one of his favorite games.
Alex loves to sit on the counter while I cook.  He will be a great helper someday.

I don't know if being at home all day has been harder on me or Alex, but soon enough we will be back on our old schedule.  
This has been another struggle.....Alex starts crying, Cole starts crying, and then I start crying.  
Park day and we even got him to wear a jacket which was not easy.
Bed head
and then Al cut it.  There is only one spot that looks a little questionable, but he will be a pro by the time he's 2.

1 comment:

Kaitlin and Charles said...

Chuck says "Nice scissor angle, Al" :)