Sunday, July 13, 2014

Sarah Mclachlan

For Mothers Day Al bought me tickets to Sarah Mclachlan's concert and the best part was that they were also to meet her.  We left early Thursday morning and left early Saturday morning.  Even thought it was really quick it was so much fun to spend time together and be back in California.  San Francisco was extra foggy that morning.  We couldn't even see the Golden Gate until we were driving over it.
We went on a hike in Muir Woods that actually turned out to be more of a walk, but it was beautiful and fun!!
Since Al and I've been to San Francisco quite a few times we decided to spend 1 night in Napa and 1 in Berkeley.  We got to our hotel in Napa around 3 that afternoon.  It was the perfect time to lay at the pool and read a book (The Husbands Secret, so good).  I don't know when the last time I got to lay at a pool without kids, so this was extra special.
Cole and Alex were staying with Diane, so we got lots of picture updates throughout the day.  Christian taught Cole how to swim with his floatie which has changed my life at the pool, thank you!!
Bathtub party
Every restaurant has amazing reviews in Napa so it was hard for me to make a decision, but I chose Morimoto.
Not only was the food beautiful, but it was the best Oysters and sushi we've ever had.  
So pretty
Such an awesome restaurant
The next morning we had a yummy breakfast at a local cafe and then drove to wine country Napa for our Olive Oil tour and tasting.  We didn't really know what to expect, but it was really interesting.
The tasting was so awesome.  We learned how to smell and taste oil and vinegars and then got use them on veggies, fruit, bread, cheese, and chicken.  
I wish we could have stayed a couple more days, but it was time to drive to Berkley.
It just happened to be one of the last days for Al's quarter team sales, so he was basically on the phone from 9am-3pm, what a nice day off for him :)  We walked around Berkleys campus which was beautiful, went to anthro, lulu (didn't buy anything), and had some yummy Mexican food.   
We got to the concert around 6:30 to pick up our Meet Sarah tickets!!!  I think I got my first Sarah CD in highschool and I saw her in Junior High at the Lilith Fair with Liz.  
I obviously wasn't the only one who was excited.  Some people had posters, flowers, chocolates, and who knows what else to give her.  
They ended up handing out autographed pictures to us and we basically had about 10 seconds to say hi and snap a picture.  I love you Sarah!!
The concert started at 8 and she didn't have an opening band, score.  She sang for almost 2.5 hours and every song was amazing.  Her voice is breathtaking and even better in concert!!  I loved every minute and didn't want it to end.  Thank you Al for an amazing Mothers Day present.  Can't wait for next years
4am Saturday morning came quick and I wish I would have had time to do a quick workout session in the yoga room at the airport, only in California :)   I saw a worship room when we got back to DFW and I thought only in Texas :)  Cole and Alex were excited to see us or should I say Alex was.  Cole was mad at me until after his nap.

No comments: