I've heard people talk about Dallas ice storms for months and we finally got to witness our first one. Everyone gets a little crazy and fills up their cars with gas, goes grocery shopping, and prepares to be stuck at home for days. Sunday night it started raining, but it was really raining ice. Monday morning everything was covered in a thick layer of ice. Al is doing a 100 day running challenge with his former boss Rob but the ice didn't stop him and he still drove to the airport that night and somehow got on a flight.
All schools were cancelled and kids were out sledding on whatever they could find, so funny. Al took Alex and Cole out for a bit and lasted about 3 minutes until they were cold.
Days at home are long for us since we are so used to getting out everyday. I went to Target the day before to buy some groceries and also stopped at Best Buy to buy the new Disney movie that just came out, Big Hero 6. We built a big fort, watched movies, colored, played with toys, and watched more movies.
Alex is at the best age right now. I love everything he says and does. He is so much fun to talk to and hang out with. Mama will you take a picture of me with my stuffed animals-Alex
On Wednesday morning huge snowflakes were falling from the sky so before Alex went to school I took some pictures.
Every time I take a picture I say look at the camera and smile and they look everywhere but there or one of them looks and the other one doesn't.

Candid shots always end up being the best anyway and I'm love how these turned out.
I think this one is my favorite. I love the way Alex has his shoulder up and Cole is looking up at the snowflakes.
They are seriously so cute I can't stand it. I just love them so much and so so grateful I get to stay at home with them and watch moments like this. Stay little forever





No comments:
Post a Comment