Thursday, June 4, 2015

Fossil Rim

Alex had Texas day at school and got to dress his part although we need to invest in some Cowboy boots.  





Al had been out of town all week and we had a horrible rain storms the entire week and day he was supposed to fly home so he ended up driving back from Houston.  Saturday morning he had to go pick up his car from the airport so we took the boys in the rental car and on the bus which they thought was so cool only to discover Al left his car keys at home so we had to go all the way back to the rental car place to rent another car and he ended up going back late that night, good times.
On Sunday we had Stake Conference and didn't end up going so we took a detour to Fossil Rim Wildlife Center which is a 9.5 mile drive where you get to feed animals out your window, so fun.  
These guys would have totally been in the car if it wasn't for their horns and their breath was the worst.
Alex only liked feeding the deer, but little Cole the animal whisperer would feed anything.
We were so excited the giraffe came over to our car and ate through the sunroof, so awesome.
This one would not leave me alone and you can't really drive off.
It took about 2 hours to drive through all of it and 2 hours to get there so it was quite the adventure.   Our last animal we saw was this crazy ostrich.  I let it eat out of our last bag of food and he was so aggressive I just threw the bag out of the window, yikes.
Puzzle time....I just want everyone to know that I actually do stuff like this with our kids too, but I don't have anyone to take pictures of us.
I went through a phase for a couple weeks where I wanted Rudy's breakfast burritos everyday and Cole loves them just as much as me so it worked out great.

No comments: