Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Blue Or Pink

I put Alex in 2 more sets of swim lessons because I was determined for him to learn how to swim this summer.  This was his first round with his soccer buddies Bo and Brayden
We spent a lot of fund days here with Emily and William before they moved away to California :(
Looking at colors of wood floors and drinking sodas
Slab shopping for marble, so stressful and so many different kinds of slabs.
Cole sleeping in his mini bed with his blankie, so cute.  He loves to sleep and cuddle.  He kind of reminds me of a teenager because he likes to go to bed late and sleep in and take his time getting up.  Alex is opposite where he will go to bed early or late and he's up at the same time every morning asking me what we are going to do today.  Cole still takes a nap everyday, but we are nearing the end because it takes him so long to go to bed at night.  My days of both napping are over, but it was an amazing 2 hour daily break while it lasted.
With this pregnancy I was able to get my blood drawn at 13 weeks to determine the sex of the baby.  I've always wanted to have a gender reveal party, but decided it would be too much pressure because everyone would be watching me to see what my reaction was especially if it was another boy.  I decided I was going to have a cake made for Al, me and the boys and we would cut it together to see what I was having.   It was hard to pick up that envelope from the Dr and not open it.  
That afternoon we met Emily at the splash pad and she kept asking me if she could open it :)
Here is our gender neutral cake a lady in our ward made......so so nervous and excited to cut it.
We all thought it was going to be a girl so we had pink 7 up to drink and cheers with.  I couldn't stop laughing at Cole's face in this picture.  Someone left a comment on my instagram photo that said fast forward 30 years to Cole in the boardroom cheering on a big deal closing, haha.  
I think we were all in shock when I cut it, especially me.  Another boy, oh my goodness what will I ever do with 3 little boys.  Alex keeps talking about having 2 more kids after this one "pops out."  4 is my max so hopefully that's not a sign I'll have twins next.   We are excited for this little baby to join our family in November and even more excited to see who he will look like.
That night we had a boys dinner at Tillmans and I had a yummy steak.  We celebrated with roasting smores at our table after dinner, yum

No comments: