Monday, September 21, 2015

Homeowners

We were under a lot of pressure to find a house to buy.  We asked our landlord many times to buy the one we were renting, but he wanted to be greedy so we looked at spec homes in new neighborhoods.  We decided we really wanted a pool so ended up looking at older homes with a pool, office, and front garage (alley garages are really big here). Our lease was supposed to end in April, but we got it extended until the middle of June.  We looked at a lot of homes and even debated moving to Austin since lets be honest is a lot prettier than Dallas and is just more hip and fun.  I already have a hard time with Al being gone so much and it would be worse if we lived there so we decided to stay in Frisco.    We heard the house we bought was going to be put on the market so we were there first thing Saturday morning and it had everything we wanted minus the front garage so we decided to put an offer in.  We knew it would have multiple offers so Al wrote a letter and attached a picture of us, the next day the accepted the offer, yay!!   Now it was crunch time, we had to get inspections, line up contractors for all the work we wanted done, and pack all our stuff.   Heather watched our boys the morning we closed.  They love her baby Crew.
Closing day with our realtor Robin and husband Mark who did our loan.  She was so much fun to look at houses with I told her I felt like we were breaking up.
Our very first home.  I'm not going to lie I felt a little overwhelmed about all these new responsibilites, but it was time even if we are only going to be here for 5 years (that's our Texas time frame).  We can't ever stay in one place or at least that's how I feel for some reason.
We love our Sodapalooza slurpees, cheers to our new house with a pool!!
Proof that Cole still needs naps.  Went to Chick fil a to eat dinner at the pool and he wouldn't wake up
The same day we closed on our house we  had contractors ripping up the tile and wrought iron staircase.  The next night Al's friends from Austin drove up to help him knock down the rock wall on our fireplace.   They pulled an all nighter, almost lost some fingers, but got all the rock off.
Al played Dr at 4am and used his glue pen to mend Braydens finger.
They had to rent a truck and disposed of half the rocks in some random field in the middle of the night and the next day they took the other half to the dump.
On Saturday night Al left for South America for a week.  I was a little stressed because this was a big week for our new house.....a new staircase, wood floors, stain, and counter.  There was a lot of leaving the kids in the car while I went into the house to make sure everything was happening.  I also had to teach relief society that weekend, but I must say lessons have been a lot easier.  It's still stressful, but I don't get as nervous now.  How cute are Cole and Alex in their matching outfits.  I wish they could stay little forever, it's amazing how fast they grow.  Cute Cute boys.

No comments: