Saturday, December 5, 2009
L.a. L.a. Land
I finally got Al to take me to the fashion district in downtown L.A., but it wasn't quite what I was expecting. It was a mixture between China Town in NYC and a flea market in the Carribean. The streets were packed with people acting like the stuff they were buying was Coco Chanel.....not even close. Here is a van using the dust on their window for advertising. I guess there really is a use for everything.

The only good thing about the Fashion District was the hot dogs which are the same as the ones at USC football games. The hot dog is wrapped in bacon and then they put onions and peppers on it. Usually I don't like hot dogs, but these are

I thought the name of this store was hilarious. Either they don't know how to spell Sexy or the store just has really ssexxy things.
Afterwards we went to a new movie theatre next to the Staples Center. When movies are $13 you have to get creative and make the experience well worth the money. The movie theatre was the coolest one I've ever been to. It was at least 4 stories, amazing amounts of leg room, and this view of the city.
Yesterday we went to this vintage food mart called Galco's fully stocked with every kind of soda and candy from another generation. I found my favorite Dubble Bubble gum I used to eat as a child and it was delightful. 
I tried this Soda in Pear flavor and it was soooo good.
Al trying to narrow it down to only 1...big decisons

Al got a $8 rootbeer, but this wasn't just any ordinary Rootbeer. It was imported from Baveria and made of well water from a Bohemian forest well. It is brewed at a microbrewery in Germany and has a cork top to protect it's freshness on its journey across the Atlantic. Let's just say you haven't had root beer until you've had Virgil's Rootbeer.

This is Coke from Mexico that has Cane sugar

I loved Galco's and will definately be going back. We ate at this hole in the wall Mexican restaurant afterwards and it was delicous. They had a ton of awards on the wall and lunch was only $10 for 3 of us.
Jobi and I enjoying the California sunshine!!

>
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that soda place was on cupcakes and cashmere a few weeks ago! looks cute.
Post a Comment