Monday, January 11, 2010

Rose Bowl

Last week I ate at this restaurant in Hollywood called Cafe Midi. Besides the atmosphere and stars that I saw it was amazing. It is attached to this really cool clothing store called American Rag and apparently it's the place to shop. We ate on the patio where these random guys in the picture below are sitting. There were paparazzi everywhere....at least 10 different ones.I was hoping for someone like Brad Pitt, but out walked cute little Quinn from Glee. She walked by our table and I was like OMG who is that I totally know her....hahah It finally clicked and I realized it was QUINN. She is even cuter in person.
Afterwards Rebecca Gayheart walked out
Loved Cafe Midi and will definately be going back. This weekend we decided to go to Big Bear to check it out and go sledding. We decided skiing was a rip off and fake snow wasn't worth it. This is about as snow capped as the mountains get in SoCal
The best part was the icy signs every 50 ft and the fire ones 10 ft past those.
Look it's ICE!!
and of course AL had to play in it
BIG BEAR
Very informative
The mountain and I have no idea how these people were wearing coats and ski pants. It was sooo warm.
When you visit Big Bear you can go sledding 1 of 4 ways. In the picture below you can pay $30 per person and get carried up a conveyor belt ramp and choose 1 of 6 paths to take.
You also get to stand in the line below....not worth it. The second option is at another resort, but you get to take a ski lift up to the hill and this one costs $35 per person. The third is a ton of hills, but you actually have to work for your sledding, but they still have steps for you and this one was only $10 per person. The last and most economical sledding would be Mexican sledding where you pull over on the side of the road and just go down the rocky snow. I totally wish I would've got a picture.
We were going to do the $10 per person sledding, but since California charges to park EVERYWHERE we couldn't because we only had $20 cash....no check or cards accepted. We considered parking on the road and risk getting a ticket, but that would probably be $100, so it wasn't worth it. We enjoyed the sights of Big Bear and the madness of people going crazy over the snow.
The best sight was trucks backed up against the mountain with people filling up the truck beds with snow to drive back to LA. True story.
We also went to the famous Rose Bowl flea market. Al was wishing it was the Bowl game, but the flea market was a much better price. Of course you have to pay to get in this flea market.....I've learned nothing is free in California.
Pretty drinks
We started in the vintage section which seemed to go on forever. Anything you can imagine is sold at this flea market.


All the mirrors and furniture were my favorite
a beautiful Tiffany blue piece...lol

The biggest dream catcher EVER...apparently it doesn't just catch dreams
The biggest tennis raquet ever. We were going to buy it for my Aunt Liz, but it was $70. Things don't come cheap these days even at a flea market.
Endless amounts of shoes and these tables reeked. There is something weird about buying old shoes molded to someone elses feet.
Vintage match books
Keys, Keys, and more keys
SUSHI...not really appetizing at the flea market
Hats
One of the more interesting displays
Art
necklaces
It was definatley one of the best flea markets I've ever been too. I doubt Al would agree, but I liked it!!

2 comments:

{Layla} said...

oh i'm jealous, antique flea markets are my fav. and that one looks just FABULOUS!

bb,tonya and cam... said...

so fun! i love big bear it use to be our home away from home when i was growing up lol billy still hasn't been to the cabin :) so maybe one day we will all have to make a weekend out of it! SO FUN! and i have totally done the conveyor belt thing...and im pretty sure my dad has tried to bring home some snow before....california winters....sigh.