I've discovered the sunsets are so much prettier in L.A. when we have tons of smog. Last week Al and I went up to Scholl Canyon Golf Course to watch the sunset. So romantic

It was soooo pretty

If you look out far enough you can see downtown L.A. on the left and the ocean behind that.

Al and I finally went and had breakfast at the Griddle in Hollywood. It's impossible to get into this place on the weekends unless you want to wait an hour, so we went during the week. It was just as amazing as everyone says it is. Al got the chocolate chip cookie crusted french toast and that's exactly what it tasted like. Every bite was just as amazing as the first, but eventually you go into sugar shock and can't handle anymore. I had the huevos rancheros which balanced out the sweetness of the french toast. We both loved the griddle and will definatley be going back for seconds.

While we were watching the sunset the other night Al got the bug to go golfing, so here we are at the golf course with amazing views and another breathtaking day in California.

You can see downtown and the ocean really good in the next picture.

This random door to nowhere

Another amazing view. The ocean never gets old

Now get ready for all the exciting stuff that happened last week...... I got to meet Tory Burch at her boutique in L.A. If you are asking yourself who
Tory Burch is, then you need to brush up on your designers because she has the BEST purses and shoes. She is so nice which makes me want to buy even more of her stuff...lol Anyway Jobi and I talked to her for about 5 minutes and asked her questions like what inspires her to design?? Her answer for her spring collection was artwork from Picasso. How cool is that? Also her sister designs all the houseware stuff for Anthropologie. I wish I had a creative mind like that.

My next stop was Barnes & Noble to meet
Bethenny Frankel. She is on the Housewives of NYC and also wrote 2 really famous books called Naturally Thin & The Skinny Girl Dish which I bought.

She is so funny and had the hottest Christian Louboutin boots on I've ever seen.

Al can act like he wasn't excited, but I know he likes her just as much as me. After all he was the one that introduced me to the show:) Love you Al

We went into Upper Deck afterwards and saw this baseball signed by Babe Ruth for only $12,499.99. It made me think of Sandlot

We also noticed all the Tiger Woods memorabilia that was 35% off . Coincidence??

I got to meet one more of my favorite reality tv show stars.....Kim Kardashian. At this point some of you are probably thinking "Wow Whitney has way too much time on her hands and needs to find a job" Yes that is true and if you know of anything let me know:) I would love to be working full time, but until then my life consists of events like this. Jealous?? Kim was at Century City mall promoting her new shoe line called ShoeDazzle. She was supposed to be there from 1-2:30 signing autographs and taking pictures with people. The first 10 people there got free shoes, but there are always the insanely stalkerish people that show up 5 hours early to wait. She finally showed up at 1:15 and then wasted 15 more minutes doing interviews with the paparazzi. By the time I was at the front of the line it was 2:15 and some lady came over and said Kim won't be signing autographs or taking pictures anymore because we want everyone to get a turn to meet her. Ahhhhh are you kidding me? I was a little bummed, but I guess I can thank all the crazy Kim Kardashian fans that went before me for taking up all her time.

Everyone always talks about how big her butt is, so here is a picture. She is really skinny and just as pretty in person.

It's always interesting to see what kinds of fans stars attract. Kim attracts all brunette girls that look exactly like her or at least think they do. I was seriously the only blonde there...lol

Finally my chance to meet her. I got to say hi and take a picture without me in it....lame right. I like Kourtney and Khloe better anyways. She had stacks of roses and random stuff fans were bringing her. This girl I became friends with in line started crying when she met her and that's when I realized I shouldn't ask for her phone number or become friends with her on FB. I really don't get how people get that weird and crazy over stars. It's definately entertaining to watch.

Now to the really big news..... Al got into the
Escape From Alcatraz Triathalon!! In November he talked Ross and his dad into signing up with him. Al didn't get his name drawn in the first drawing, but they had one more drawing last week and he got in!! Now the fun begins with lots of training. This course is crazy because they take you out on a ferry and dump 1,000 people into 55 degree water to swim 1.5 miles


1 mile "warm up run" on the beach

18 mile bike ride through the hills of San Francisco,

and finally the 8 mile run which ends on the sand ladder where you climb 400 steps up a cliff.

Exciting right? Really makes me not want to do one, but I will be there cheering Al, his dad, and Ross on May 2nd!! Al just got his bike and you would think he won the lottery. When he got home from work today he walked over to his bike before saying hi to me. This could be a problem...A really big problem

Now for the really big news. My best friend Tonya had her baby last week. Yay!! They named him Camden William Bush and here is the sweetest picture of him.

Camden has had a few struggles that have kept him in NICU the last week, but through lots of great care and prayers Tonya and Billy hopefully get to take him home tomorrow. They are going to be amazing parents and we are so excited for them. Congrats Tonya & Billy. Another picture I love that I got off FB.

Now I need to convince Al that I need to go to Utah so I can meet cute little Camden.
2 comments:
Shut up, I can't believe you took a picture of her butt. That's so freaking funny! I'd like to think I had the guts to do the same.
I hope you have a guest room or sleeping bag or something because I am visiting you when it gets just a little warmer. No joke!
Oh my gosh. I love Kim K. And I'm happy to hear another skinny blonde likes her too! Thank you for taking a picture of her backside for me. :)
Post a Comment