Sunday, March 28, 2010

March Madness

March must be the month to visit California because we got to see so many great people last week. My mom left on Monday night, my aunts stayed with us on Tuesday, Ross stayed with us on Wednesday, and then I got to hang out with Ashley all day on Saturday. Best week ever!! When we picked up my aunts from LAX on Tuesday it was the middle of rush hour so we went to dinner at...........CAFE RIO. They came all the way from Utah to eat at Cafe Rio with Al and I. I've been dying to go to the new one in Manhattan Beach, so thank you for going with us:) I've heard a few people say that it's not as good as the ones in Utah......hahahahhaha They are the same EVERYWHERE. They were the same in Nevada and they are the same here. It's like California people saying In N Out is better in California. In Utah it's just trendy to go to In N Out unless you grew up with it like Tonya:) Anyway enough about that. After dinner we went and walked around Manhattan Beach which is a new personal favorite.
Look how clean this beach is.
We went to the Manhattan Beach Aquarium at the end of the pier and got to see all 4 fish tanks.

We walked along the beach and admired all the houses that we wished we owned.

This one was my favorite.

Spicy Fruit cart spotted on the 110N
On Wednesday night we went to dinner with Ross at the long awaited Pizzeria Mozza. Al and I have tried to go to dinner here 3 times and there was always at least an hour wait.
We ordered the Caprese appetizer which was barely enough for 1 person.
Al's fennel sausage, panna, red onions and scallion pizza that was really good. The flavors were bold and complimented one another. I wasn't sure what the hype was all about until I read an article that talks about how Mario Batali from the Food Network owns it. That still means nothing to me, but apparently it means a lot to all the other people that are there every night. Pizzeria Mozza is on my overpriced good list.
Saturday was such a beautiful day we decided to check out Runyon Canyon in Hollywood. I have to say Runyon was one of the more interesting hikes I've been on.
When you first walk in there is a little grass area that is covered with people doing yoga, pilates, and other stretches I've never seen. Based on the amount of dogs I saw within the first 5 minutes I wouldn't be laying anywhere on that grass.

There were huge cracks like this all over the trails which I'm guessing are from earthquakes. Maybe even the one that woke me up in the middle of the night two weeks ago.
The view of Runyon. There were so many people and dogs everywhere.
The first look out point....Century City
Los Angeles
2nd Look out Point
Hollywood Hills Houses with the Hollywood sign in the background
The end of the hike where all dog owners fight over water for their dogs
1,2,3,4,5,6,7 dogs walking with these 2 people.....lol
The views were beautiful, the dogs were annoying. Next time I go back I'm going on a week day.
After Runyon we picked Ashley up and I got to hang out with her for the rest of the day. We had lunch with Al at Granville Cafe
It was so much fun to see her and great to have a shopping buddy again. Come back soon Ash, come back.....

1 comment:

Megan Cross said...

I don't know how you stay so thin with all that food you it. The pics look like they are from magazines. So yummy. I feel fatter looking at them.