Luckily the seats filled up. There were a ton of famous poker players there and a few movie stars. The Clippers were ahead the entire game which is totally lame because I always hear how bad they suck. The last five minutes the game got really good and the Jazz totally could have won, but they blew it!! Everyone started yelling Utah Sucks, Utah Sucks and then I became a Clippers fan. Just kidding I will always love the Utah Jazz.

Last week when we were out with some friends we started talking about movies. This is one thing Al can't talk about since he hasn't seen very many. Someone started talking about Top Gun and before we knew it we all agreed to watch it on Wednesday night. I decided to make it a monthly thing with a bunch of couples in our ward. Everyone brought their favorite movie snack which turned into a great combo

We provided cookies and popcorn

Jill and Sean

Jill, Sean, Aaron, and Celia

Al getting into the movie and pretending he's an airplane, Jill, Amber, and Jon. The movie was cheesier than I remember, but it's still a must see. I didn't remember the
volleyball scene which is so corny.

Movie night was a success and next month we are watching Zoolander. Can't wait.

I have a confession....I've been stalking The Grilled Cheese Truck on Facebook and found out they were going to be in Glendale on Thursday night. After my long shift at Anthropologie I picked up Al and we drove to the truck for a late night snack.

Note To Self: Don't take Al anywhere after 11pm on a weeknight even for food. As you can see in this picture he's not very excited

I have to admit my expectations were very high after seeing that long line at the Food Truck Festival. I quickly realized after my first bite that I could make a better grilled cheese, but this was more for the experience.

On Friday night....DATE NIGHT we went to one of my new favorite restaurants called Gingergrass in Silverlake. It is fresh vietnamese cuisine and it is delightful. I had the organic tofu with shitake mushrooms and baby bok choy .

Al had the Bo Sate with filet mignon in a spicy peanut sauce with yams and long beans.

I love their food more and more everytime I go. If you come visit I will take you:)

After dinner we went to the Rocky Votolato concert at the Troubadour in West Hollywood. While we were walking to the Troubadour I was taking pictures of the perfectly lined palm trees on the street and somehow ended up with this.....my most artistic picture yet.


The Troubadour was awesome!! It is one of the smallest venues I've ever been to and had the most amazing acoustics. Even better they have seats upstairs where you can order food and drinks. The opening band was Adam H Stephens. They were ok meaning I won't be downloading any of their music.

Rocky Votolato was amazing. He is a one man show....he plays the guitar, harmonica, and sings. He does it all and it was soooo good.


The last song he sang before encore was my personal favorite....
MONTANA

and
here is the non acoustic version. I hope you just listened to that song:) One of the best concerts I've been too and even better it was only $15

Hooray for Rocky Votolato and The Troubadour

After the concert we were both were still wide awake from the Red Bull we drank (we are light weights these days) so we decided to get dessert on the way home. We stopped at The Waffle on Sunset.

Al had the overpriced $9 chocolate souffle mini me dessert which leads me to my next blog entry which will be up in the next couple of days.

Imagine parallel parking this car

On Saturday I talked Al into seeing Shutter Island with me. Not only did he take me to the movie, but he took me to my favorite movie theater, and bought me a huge popcorn with layered butter, and a diet coke. It was heaven
After the movie we were chaperones for a Kappa party at a restaurant in Marina Del Ray called Organic Panifico. It makes you feel really old when you are sitting in the corner of the room with your husband watching a bunch of college kids make sure they don't destroy the place. It also makes you feel really old when you are introducing yourself as the chaperones...hahah Anyway it was really fun and very entertaining to see all the creative costumes everyone was wearing. The theme was European. I stole some pictures off FB....hope they don't mind I'm posting them on my blog...lol The girls holding pictures on popsicle sticks are Kappas that are studying abroad
1 comment:
come home!!!! i need you and your creative ideas to add some spice back into our lives lol! miss you!
Post a Comment