I haven't celebrated Pioneer Day since I've lived in Utah, but this year our trip to Utah was during it. I wanted to take the boys to the Parade in SLC, but I knew it would be crazy so maybe when they are a little bit older. Elisha, Ryan, and I ended up hiking Dog Lake up Milcreek Canyon. I haven't been on this hike since I was maybe like 10 with my Aunt Sarah. The drive up there is so beautiful and the hike took my breath away. We happened to pick a day when bikers were allowed there, so you have to keep your eyes out. We seriously almost got hit a few times.
I think it was 6 miles round trip and such an amazing hike. There is another lake you can keep on hiking to which I would like to do someday.
I could stare at this view all day, stunning.
After naps we took the kids to my moms pool for a swim. I weaned Alex off his floatie and talked him into using the arm ones. One step closer to swimming :) Cute little Cole being a ham, so funny.
Elisha is so good with kids. Cole and Alex played with her for hours, I wish she lived closer.
Cole snuck into my Diet Coke and luckily it was mostly ice.
Kissing selfie
Dinner at our favorite restaurant, Shanghai. I think all of that food was maybe $30?
Elisha had never been to Trader Joes so we made a stop there. I made the mistake of letting Cole push a cart and he was out of control.
It was also a mistake because he wants one now every time we go to Trader Joes.
We had plans to go to fireworks at Liberty Park, but everyone was worn out so we hung out in Liz's backyard. Elisha got Alex and Cole to run around the yard and wore them out.
We had plans to go to fireworks at Liberty Park, but everyone was worn out so we hung out in Liz's backyard. Elisha got Alex and Cole to run around the yard and wore them out.









No comments:
Post a Comment