Monday, September 1, 2014

Zoo Day

We made it to the zoo right when it opened one morning.  I ran into one of my sorority sisters that lives in NYC (small world).  We got to see most of the animals, they got to play in the water area, and we ended with a ride on the merry go round that left Alex in tears.
Alex was mad because he wanted to sit on the one Cole was on (seriously what I deal with everyday).   I guess my problems could be worse :)
My mom stayed at Liz's while the boys napped and I met Al's cousin Brooke at Kneaders for lunch.  She wasn't at Fish Lake so it was fun to catch up and give her my college life lessons advice :)
Sharing a room with these 2 was quite the adventure.  I slept where Alex is in that picture and every time Cole would start crying or whimper which was at least 5 times a night I would reach over and pat his back.  I was so tired every morning I felt like I had a newborn all over again.
Al went to Austin all week to "work" but one day I Facetimed him and he was in a Jimmy Johns outfit helping Brian with his store.  I'm on to you shenanigans Al.
Another fun lunch date was with Amber and Rich Bennett from Pasadena.  They live in Utah now and Henry and Alex used to play together.  
My Grandma moved in with Liz a couple months ago so we got to spend a lot of time with her.  It was fun for Alex and Cole to get to know her better.  I'm not sure how she convinced Alex to sit on her lap, but here he is looking a little unsure :)
I planned a Kappa group dinner and a few of us only ended up going.  We met at Bombay House and had lots of laughs and found out Brooke was 6 months pregnant, crazy.
After dinner Elisha, Ryan, and I went and hit the town.  We went to some haunted church by Brighton Highschool, got cookies and a dirty diet coke at Fabulous Freddys.
Our last stop was the sculpture gardens in SLC.  Elisha was so hyper from the soda and I was driving her car which was a stick and peeling out at lights.  For a moment I felt like I was 17 again, but then the clock struck midnight and it was waaaay past my bedtime :)  

No comments: