Thursday, November 10, 2016

Utah 2016

We used our pool almost everyday in June and it was so much fun!!
Al and I went on a date to this yummy Thai restaurant in Plano before we left for Utah.  
All packed and ready to hit the road.  This year we decided to drive through Oklahoma, Kansas, Colorado, Wyoming and then Utah which is longer, but more freeways so it takes about the same time.  I was a little nervous with Al driving with one arm, but we survived.  
Gas stop and pajama change
I've never been to Kansas so I looked up a fun restaurant and some things to see on our way.  We all know how much Al loves stopping on road trips.
Our plans quickly got ruined by these crazy clouds that turned into one of the scariest rain storms I've ever seen.  It was raining so hard we couldn't see the road, we were maybe going 10mph and I was freaking out.  Al claims I was hyperventilating but I seriously thought we were all going to die, so so scary.  We could see lightning within feet of our car, all the overpasses would be full of cars because it was so insane.  After the storm died down we hit horrible fog most of the night, seriously the worst drive ever.  So so thankful we made it there safely
I think this was our 2nd or 3rd stop at McDonalds on our way to Utah, gross.   Brady sitting in the highchair like a big boy, love him!!   We made it to Sarah and Lindas house around lunch time and Al crashed and I hung out with my mom.

No comments: