Friday, April 29, 2011

Easter Weekend

I felt really domestic last weekend and decided to make Easter cupcakes. I thought it would be a good way to come back to primary and remind the kids how much they missed us while we were gone. I not only talked Al into dying Easter eggs this year, but Kris and Kristin joined in on the fun too!
Kris was anti dying when we started, but his eggs were the most creative.
Alex loved dying eggs.
Kris with one of his prize winning eggs.
We introduced them to Armenian food, but while we were eating Al realized it said Lebanese on the window. Is there really a difference? They all serve hummus, rice, and shish kabobs, so I just assumed. Oops
This year we were kind of lame and did a combined Easter basket. I'm so excited for Alex to wear his new 9 month Polo outfit. At the rate he's growing he might be able to wear it next month.

Alex ready for his first day of church. He looks about as scared as I felt.
Church was interesting. I had been sitting in sacrament for about 20 minutes when I had to excuse myself because Alex started crying. I was proud of myself for getting him back to sleep before sacrament was over so I sent Al this picture. Too bad he woke up 20 minutes later when the primary kids were screaming If your happy and you know it. I'll be honest I didn't learn a thing at church that day (except for one of the boys in our class told us Alex was fat) and I have a feeling it will be like that for awhile.I had a vision of our families first Easter picture looking more Eastery? Like a tree with blossoms behind us and me in Spring colors. While I was looking for something to wear I quickly realized that wasn't going to happen because all my dresses aren't really made for breast feeding . Plus they wouldn't look good with spit up down them, so I decided to go with black.
My domestic streak carried on through the weekend and I cooked a ham. I had no idea how to cook a ham nor do I really like ham, but that's a traditional Easter dinner right. I take that back I do like Honey Baked Ham, so I searched for the perfect recipe and found this one. The ham was delicious and I might just make another one next Easter.
While I cooked Alex had tummy time and looked at his new book and played with his new bunny from Grandma Ranes. Happy Easter!!

1 comment:

Danielle Selander said...

I haven't learned anything at church in the last 11 months-and I hear it doesn't get much better! And totally impressed with all of your domestic cooking skills! MOVE BACK HERE ALREADY!