This picture was taken a couple weeks ago so I'm actually 34 weeks pregnant now. Feeling pretty good, mostly nervous, tired, and ready to be able to wear normal clothes again.
Al and our friend Kris put together Alex's new bunk beds. I figured both boys would be sharing a room in a couple of years and bunk beds would be perfect. Plus we have another bed when people come to visit now.I was really worried about switching him from a crib to a bed and delayed it as long as I could. Al taught him how to climb up on it and he loves to sit on it and look at his books.
We put his bed where his crib used to be and moved the crib into the other room. We aren't using a bed rail and just put a ton of blankets on the floor in case he falls which has happened.
Skyping with Grandpa Cameron. His new nickname for Alex is Prince Amukamara, but since he only sees him every few months he still goes by Alex.
This was before Alex's first night sleeping in his bed. Reading books, singing songs, and getting him all ready.
Luckily he doesn't know how to open doors yet. He cried for about 10 minutes which is what he did in his crib anyway. He fell out 2 or 3 times the first night and I went to put him back in each time. Nap time was a little painful the first few days because it would only last 45 minutes to an hour, but 1 week later and he's back to 1.5 hour naps, yay. He was running to the door, stomping his feet, and banging on it for the first few nights and naps, but now he just sits there and crys or babbles when I leave.
We stalk him on the monitor. The first night I couldn't watch because it was so sad and I didn't know if he would like it, but he's doing great. Hopefully we can get him to stop falling out so we don't have to buy a bed rail. On the 2nd or 3rd night we found asleep halfway under his bed. Another night he was asleep on the middle of his rug, but I think he understands that his bed is more comfortable to sleep on.
So glad it was a semi easy transition and that we have a place for the next baby to sleep.
So glad it was a semi easy transition and that we have a place for the next baby to sleep.



No comments:
Post a Comment