On Friday we went to the sample sale. I hadn't been since Cole was 2 or 3 weeks old so it worked out perfect. Alex found a new spot he likes to sit in the stroller. Why would he want to sit in his seat?
After the sample sale we walked around Santee Alley and got some of the best hot dogs for lunch. You will never see my mom eat a hot dog unless it's one of these:)
Not really sure about the butterfly stickers on the nipples? Yikes.
That afternoon we let Alex and Cole nap, made some juice, went for a walk, and watched Lifetime movies. Every time I look over at Cole he is doing this. I should be down there with him working on my abs instead of taking pictures.
Alex driving around his jeep. We are working on teaching him how to steer. Right now he just pushes the gas down and goes wherever so you have to follow him or use the remote.
Sweet little Cole taking his Saturday morning nap. He just started sleeping on his tummy, love him.
Al got home from San Diego that afternoon and we headed to the beach. I watched the weather all week and this was supposed to be the warmest day.
We stopped on our way and got Cafe Rio to eat at the beach.
Alex drinking my Diet Coke as fast as he could go before I took it away.
Cole doing push ups. Don't crawl yet, I'm not ready!!
It was supposedly 70 or 75 degrees but it was so windy and cold. None of us brought jackets so we huddled under the umbrella and laid on the warm sand.
It was a short beach trip and I should know better by now to always bring jackets!!
We stopped at Forest Lawn on our way back to show my mom where Elizabeth Taylor and Michael Jackson are buried. It sound like we are creepy people that hang out at cemeteries all the time, but Forest Lawn is so amazing that everyone has to see it once. When we stopped at Michael Jackson's Mausoleum there were some more die hard fans. I started talking to the lady that looked like she had been camped out there for days. I got invited to his Memorial and she had me sign a heart that they will be releasing with balloons in the air.
When we pulled in to Forest Lawn we saw a huge sign for a Lego exhibit in the museum. Alex is obsessed with Lego's right now so we stopped. Totally random, but cool to see.
Since we were still cold from the beach we went out to our pool to warm up.
Alex enjoying Cole's float.
That night my mom watched the boys so we could go on a date. Free babysitters are the best especially when it's your mom. Al and I are so lame that at 9:00pm we were trying to think of things to do.
Sunday was great too. My mom held Cole while he gummed her necklace and Al held Alex. I almost got to listen the entire meeting.
Before my mom's flight we met my Uncle David for brunch at the Beverly Hills Hotel. It's been on my bucket list for awhile so it was fun to finally try it.
The closest I will ever get to a red carpet event with 2 kids :)
Alex exploring the hotel.
We ate in the Polo lounge. I had an amazing lobster salad and Al's mini waffles were to die for. Everyone needs to go once.
Alex figured out to use his headphones on the way to the airport. It distracted him so he didn't get too sad when Grandma gave him a hug goodbye. We hope she comes back soon.











1 comment:
so fun!! u know it's an Asian mom thing to ALWAYS bring jackets, even when it's not cold. i swore i'd never do it to my own kids.. but have found myself doing it all the time. half the time, i'm thinking dang it - didn't even need it. hahaha your'e turning into an asian mom!
Post a Comment