Friday, December 6, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

Our Thanksgiving was pretty low key this year.  I wanted to run a 5K Turkey Trot and Al wanted to play Turkey Bowl so we compromised and went on a short hike after he played football.  Last time we went on this hike we had just moved to LA and didn't have kids.   When I was training for my half I ran Eaton Canyon with Sarah every Saturday.  I knew about a shortcut that cuts off about half the hike and I thought that might make it easier for Alex.  It was a beautiful day and a good family activity.
We made it to the waterfall, cheese.
Mama I want to sit on the rock.
Last time we saw people swimming in the waterfall.
I asked Alex if he wanted to hold Cole and take a picture.  Love these two, they crack me up.
Cole was getting antsy on the way down so Al carried him and then I carried Alex in the Ergo.  Alex was loving it, sometimes we all need to be babied  :)
We switched things up this year and went out to dinner at Ruth's Chris. 
The boys did great and were on their best behavior.  Cole ate himself into a turkey coma and Alex was not happy when he didn't recognize any food items on his plate.
Happy Thanksgiving and I was even happier that I didn't have to clean up.
One of the best things about Thanksgiving is having leftovers and Ruth's Chris hooked us up and gave us 2 extra meals plus our leftovers, yum.
After dinner I had big Black Friday shopping plans for us.  Wal Mart was selling mini ipads for $300 with a $100 gift card.  They were guaranteed from 6-7pm so we went and braved the crowds.  We had never seen anything like it.  What could have turned into hours of waiting was simple and somehow really easy.  We got 2 vouchers since they were out of Ipads, paid for them, and they will be shipped to Wal Mart for us to pick up in 2-3 weeks.  We did everything in 20 minutes and then I wanted to go find more deals, but no one would go.  Al even said he would go if I could find a babysitter, but no luck.  Maybe next year

No comments: