I thought by going to the grocery store on Monday I would beat the Thanksgiving crowds. Super King is one of my favorite grocery stores because the produce is so cheap. It's always busy so I only go once every 2 or 3 weeks and when I pulled up there was a wait to get in the parking lot. I decided to park on the street and hike in with Alex and Cole, literally. I got our produce and a few other things you can't find at regular grocery stores and then fought the lines for way too long. I decided I would push the shopping cart to the car since there was no way I could carry everything and the kids. Well I must have missed the memo that they have the cattle track thing that stops anyone from taking carts out of the parking lot...haha As soon as my cart hit it completely stopped and I was stuck in the middle of the entrance with a cart full of groceries, cole in the ergo, and Alex in the cart. I wanted to start laughing because it was so lame. I tried to drag the cart to the side of the entrance so I could leave it and go put the kids in the car. Some lady pulling in felt bad for me and parked her car to come help me. Nice people do exist in LA!!
On Tuesday I missed the memo that Alex's class was having a Thanksgiving party and parents could come 10 minutes early to watch them eat their feast. I was so bummed and felt bad when I saw all the parents there taking pictures.
Alex in his cute pilgrim hat he made at school.
That afternoon we went to the temple. In 4 years of living in LA we have only ever been once and that was to do sealings. I blame some of it on having kids, nursing, and not having babysitters. Since I just stopped nursing Cole we found a babysitter and went to a 2:00 session. We got done around 5, grabbed a quick bite to eat and didn't get home until 8:00. $70 later and 7 hours later we were home and thankful we had gone. Next time I think we might try the Redlands temple which is a little further, but the opposite way of traffic.
There was a beautiful sunset and it was a perfect evening minus the traffic :)
Thanksgiving eve Alex and I met Amber and her girls at the mall. We made our regular rounds and had lunch at Chipotle. While I was returning something at Old Navy Alex wandered over to the front of the store and I found him on the dog...hahah



1 comment:
you guys are so cute!!!
Post a Comment