Friday, January 10, 2014

Christmas Vacation

We've been talking about taking a trip to Florida for a couple years to see Al #3, some of the Ranes family, and of course Disneyworld.  We decided to spend Christmas in Florida and enjoy the warm weather which was also going on in LA at the same time we were there.  We flew out the Friday before Christmas and got to enjoy Virgin Airlines which is one of Al's favorites.  Unfortunately we got the very last row which always grosses me out with the bathroom being right there and even worse having a 5 hour flight, yikes.  The kids did great and the iPads were a life saver.  I think Alex was glued to his the entire flight.
We stayed at the Disney Beach Club Resort for 4 night which is right next to Epcot.  The hotel was beautiful and even smelled like gingerbread every time you walked through the door.  I was bummed we never really got to use the pool, beach, and water slides while we were there.
When you check in to the hotel they hand you a box with these awesome wrist bands with your name.  It's your room key, ticket to the parks, and cc to pay for everything.  
I did a ton of research before we went on shows, rides, and character greetings.  I had a lot I wanted us to do and see (surprise) and only a short amount of time to do it in.  Our first morning we were at Magic Kingdom right when it opened which was 8am.  It was awesome and we were walking on rides until about noon.  We ate a quick lunch and then went back to the hotel for naps.






Al and I got fast passes to most of the big rides and then took turns riding them which worked out great.

 We went back later that afternoon and the lines were long.  We went on the Jingle Cruise but I didn't see one Christmas decoration.  
 We saw a bunch of characters we never see at Disneyland like Buzz, Woody, Jessie, and Donald.
It was fun to see all the differences and similarities of Disneyland.  This is one of our favorite rides at Disneyland and it was so different at Disneyworld.
 We made it until 10pm and watched the Christmas light show on the castle and then the fireworks, I've never seen the boys so tired.  It was a magical day and I hope these pictures will help Alex and Cole remember how much fun we had.  

No comments: