We got another perfect beach day in Newport and could have stayed all day. Cole was so sandy and he was eating his snacks out of the sand, yuck.
My mom built a huge sand castle and Alex was loving it.
Cole and Alex love to hug each other and then Al taught them to say ohhhhhhhh when they do it.
A walk down Newport Pier
and some ice cream and Balboa Bars for the road.
Alex was in heaven.
Our last day together we drove to Malibu and walked on the pier.
We went to lunch in Santa Monica at a Thai restaurant that we ate at when I was 40 weeks pregnant with Alex. My mom has been talking about it ever since and we found it!!
A walk around the Venice canals and Venice Beach which was stressful because Cole was crying the entire time. That's what happens when they miss naps a few days in a row, yikes. Getting my mom and Liz home was a little crazy to say the least. My mom got the flu Friday night and then they didn't get on their stand by flight on Saturday. I went back to the airport to get them that afternoon and then they luckily both got home on Sunday, but my mom had to fly to SF first. Lesson learned, don't fly standy by on Sundance weekend.
On Sunday we spent the day at our friends beach house in Dana point. I made Al stop at the Rainbow outlet in San Clemente and picked up some flip flops for Cole and I.
The view and pool at this house was stunning. I felt like I was on vacation for the day.
Later that day we walked down to the beach and thanked the Ballards for an amazing day.







No comments:
Post a Comment