My mom recently got a new job and we found out we were for sure moving so my mom talked Liz in to coming for a visit. We couldn't have asked for better January weather and went straight to the beach from the airport. The beaches in the winter are so much better. The sand is combed, there is barely anyone there, and there is no fog.
Brother juice break
We lasted for a couple of hours before they wanted to go in the ocean and freeze to death.
Cole is starting to get a sense of humor and he's hilarious.
On our way home I drove Liz through Forest Lawn to see Elizabeth Taylor and Michael Jacksons graves. I found out that the largest canvas painting in the world is at Forest Lawn at the very top of the cemetery. We went to see it and were amazed with it's beauty. It's 45ft high and 195 feet wide
Quick stop for some spicy fruit. Everyone has to try it once!!
That night Al and I had plans for a date night to paint our own canvas
Everyone was painting A Starry night. I was actually really surprised at how good they turned out and really tired because it took 3 hours!!
One morning my mom watched the boys and Liz and I went to hike the Hollywood sign. I've always hiked up to the tower behind it so it was cool to see it from a different angle.
It just happened to be a few days full of art because that afternoon my mom and I went to the Norton Simon Museum. We couldn't believe all the Picassos, Van Gogh, and Rembrandts we were seeing. Who knew an amazing art museum was 10 minutes from my house. That's the beauty of living in Los Angeles.
The color is stunning in this Picasso painting, so amazing.






No comments:
Post a Comment