Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A Blustery Day

Last week the Santa Ana Winds almost blew California away. Alex woke up a few times that night because the wind was so loud. I've never heard anything like it and I'm thankful that I was warm in my bed and that our cars were safe in the garage. I had no idea how bad it was until I was driving to Pilates the next morning. Almost every stop light was out and every road I drove down looked like this.
<span class=

<span class=
School were closed and there were hundreds and thousands of people without power and some still don't have it one week later.
<span class=
I saw cars and houses that were crushed by trees.
<span class=
The stands for the Rose Parade made it through the storm ok.
<span class=
2 trees on the side of our house blew over
<span class=
and huge trees like this blew over with their roots uplifted, so crazy. It makes you think twice about being prepared for an emergency and that we are not. I need to invest in food storage asap.
<span class=

No comments: