Thursday, December 1, 2011

Eight Months


At Eight Months Alex is.....
Will crawl to my feet and put his hands out for me to pick him up.
Sits in shopping carts and high chairs at restaurants which is so nice. Has learned how to stand in some shopping carts and refuses to sit down.
Loves watching Baby Einstein. He will be fussy or tired and the minute you put on Baby Einstein his eyes glue to the t.v., he crawls over to it and stands up right below the t.v. and watches it (that has to be great for his eyes).
Knows when I put him in his crib that means nap or bedtime and then he crys.
Loves back scratches/tickles
Drinks water out of a sippy cup
Gave him apple juice a couple of times in a bottle and loved it. Why won't he drink breast milk out of a bottle?
Loves the cereal puffs that dissolve in his mouth. Will eat them as long as you will keep putting them in his mouth.
Pulls himself up on anything and stands. Has let go a few times and stood by himself for a couple seconds.
On November 10th he finally started eating rice cereal. I mixed with apple juice a few times and he loved that. Still not really into fruits or veggies. Baby steps with food.
Teaching him how to smell things
Refuses to wear anything on his feet. Every time I put socks or shoes on he somehow gets them off.
Laughs when you scare him
Laughs when dogs bark. Saw his first cat and was mesmerized.
Both of his top teeth are coming in which has made him a little fussy. He's been really congested and had a runny nose.
Learning how to use his fingers...can almost put a puff in his mouth. Likes to feel and scratch fabrics and anything he hasn't felt before.
Knows what the Hooter Hyder is and get's excited every time I pull it out.
Sleeping better at night, but still wakes up once to eat.
Figured out how to drink out of a straw.
Growing more hair, but still looks bald since he's so blonde.
Loves bath time. He tries to jump out of my arms while I'm running the water. Still likes to lay on his sponge and kick water until I don't want to get wet anymore.
Loves girls and will smile and bury his face in my arms when they say hi. It's so cute!
Drove to Utah and he did better than I thought he would for 1o hours in a car seat. Next time we are flying.
Still in the Mom ONLY phase especially at night and when he's hungry. It really is so sweet that he loves me so much....lol Hopefully it will always be like that :)

This baby won't sit still unless Baby Einstein is on. He is constantly crawling, standing, or playing with something. It was difficult to get a good picture of him so I can only imagine what next month will be like. He is very inquisitive and observant to everything around him. We are the best of friends and I'm so thankful I get to spend every day with him.

1 comment:

Kathryn O. said...

I fed Ila once at night until she was 11 months... so you're not alone. :) And isn't Baby Einstein a God-send?

Wasn't Ila around 8 months when you were in NYC? Crazy how time flies!