Labor Day weekend was filled with lots of fun family time. Al built Alex his first fort and then he thought he could walk on top of it, yikes.
Fun in the fort.
Sushi dinner. Alex thought it was pretty cool to dip his chopsticks in his dads miso soup and then lick them. I ordered him a cucumber roll thinking he would love it since he loves the taste of seaweed, but his favorite thing was Gyoza.
On Saturday my friend Laura had a huge yard sale at her house. She lives in the prime location so it was great. She advertised for it to start at 8am, but there was a group of people at 7am. I've never been into yard sales, but people take these serious. They have to be hoarders.
Alex was finding all sorts of cool stuff to take home.
Laura and I
That afternoon we went to El Porto Beach. Alex enjoyed a Happy Meal mixed with sand, so nutritous.
Al entertained him for at least 30 minutes by digging a hole.
Coolest Dad ever.
Trying to look at magazines with Kristin, but it doesn't really work with Alex :)
Family picture and 1 of my 2 maternity swimsuits. I'm already sick of wearing them.
I forgot the baby powder so Al showered with Alex, haha.
That night we had some friends in town from our old ward so we went to dinner with a big group in Glendale.
3 of us are pregnant. Pricella is 32 weeks, I'm 30 weeks, and Celia is 28 weeks.
Sunday morning I made German pancakes before I realized it was fast Sunday, whoops. Good thing I'm pregnant.
That night Alex got his very first haircut. He hates bibs so he screamed until I took off the cape.
I ended up holding him and then he was fine.
I love his new hairdo and I saved his curl in a ziplock bag.
On Labor Day we went to Huntington beach with some friends. Mia and Alex love each other.
Free entertainment is the best.
When we first got there we made the mistake of letting him go in the water. Al let him play until he started shivering and then we took him out and cried until we walked far away and played in the sand for awhile. He thought sliding off the sandbar was pretty cool.
Nude Beach Models
One more trip in the water before we left the beach and then he cried for about 5 more minutes. Hopefully next summer will be more relaxing when he understands he can't just run in the water.
Happy Labor Day







No comments:
Post a Comment