I'm getting behind on the blog again, but it should be safe to say I'm too tired to update it when Alex takes a nap or goes to bed. You forget how pregnancy takes a toll on your body until there is a baby growing inside of you taking all of your energy. A couple weeks ago my good friend Tonya and her family were in California visiting her family. We were able to meet up with them to have dinner and catch up. Before dinner we made a quick stop in Gap to check out the sale racks for Alex and the baby. Alex thinks he has free reign to run like a wild child around the store. It scares me because I don't want him to get lost or anyone to take him. I will be investing in one of those leash backpacks in the next few weeks.
We had a delicious dinner at Umami Burger. I wish we lived closer to the Bush family especially since Tonya is due a few months after me with her 2nd boy. How did we get to be so outnumbered :)
Later that week we had dinner with the Dannels and Smith families. Jenny pulled out her famous pencil and needle trick. Supposedly it tells you how many kids you are going to have and the sex of them. Jenny has 3 and it said she is going to have 5. I have 2 and it says I'm going to have 4 Boy, Boy, Girl, Girl which would be perfect. I was so happy to just know I would have someone to go shopping with someday. We also did it on our husbands and it was said the same thing for all of them. Creepy
Al got a new suit and the best thing about it, is it's extra slim fit so it looks amazing on him. Thanks for your fashion advice Wyatt :)
Al insists on sitting on our couch to eat which is crazy since the table is sitting directly behind our couch. I gave Alex some Lucky Charms once and I guess he never forgot. He couldn't pick the marshmallows out fast enough of Al's cereal.
My Aunt Liz was in Oceanside for the week so that weekend we drove down to see her. We tried to distract Alex from the Ocean as long as we could, but he always found his way down there.
Inching closer and closer to see if we would follow him. As soon as he saw us coming to get him he would bolt. I can't wait for him to learn how to swim.
Al digging holes and trying everything to hold him from running to the water.
Al and Liz playing an intense game of smash ball. Alex would chase the ball every time they hit it.
Before we drove home we had dinner. So much fun to see Liz!!
It's always a successful day when they pass out holding their snacks.


No comments:
Post a Comment