Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Paradisus Golf

Al somehow talked me into watching him play golf.  Next time I'm finding a resort without a golf course and casino :)   We both didn't have clothes to play golf in, but the resort said we would be fine.  We saw 2 other people playing on the course that day and we started at 7am.
We saw all sorts of random stuff on the course including a dog.
This actually turned out to be one of my favorite days.  Throughout the course we saw workers cleaning up the course.
On hole 17 some of them were chopping off all the coconuts on the trees.  Al had them chop one for us and we had the freshest coconut milk.
One of them was trying to sell Al some golf balls that he had collected along the course.  We started driving to the next hole and I said we should go back and buy those balls from them. Then we decided we should give each of them some money.  Al had them chop a few more coconuts for us to drink and then one to eat.
Later that day we found out these guys only make .25 cents an hour so I'm so glad we gave them money.   They work so hard out there and deserve a lot more than that.  
Enough coconuts for everyone.  I wish we could have taken some home with us.
Later that day we snuck over to the Palm Real Royalty club and sat under one of the many vacant cabanas. It was like heaven.  I found a little drink stand that made fresh fruit smoothies.  You chose the fruit and then they add water, sugar, ice, and blend.  
The ocean was beautiful and so warm.  I got in everyday and swam with Al.  
My belly button was too sore for more sun so I put the belly back in hiding.
The best part about our cabana was the tree next to it.  Random people would be walking along the beach and then come over to the tree and pose on it.  In just a few hours I saw at least 5 people do this.  Talk about great people watching.
That afternoon Al and I walked along the beach and stumbled on the Plaza El Pirata flea market.  Earlier that day I was telling Al I wanted to find a place like that to buy Alex a present, it was perfect.
There was a DJ outside playing good house music that I could have listened to all night.   Al kept joking how we had crossed the other side of the train tracks because the beach was ghetto and so were our surroundings.  We decided to head back to Palma Real.
The best thing about all inclusive is the room service.  That night I got a little aggressive and ordered us a pizza, french fries, green salad, fruit salad, drinks, and chocolate cake. It's kind of a gamble because only 2 out of those 6 things were actually worth eating.  Whoops

1 comment:

SupaFlowaPowa said...

i've got a lovely bunch of coconuts... diddly deee so much fun! jealous!!! you are daring, i would never have the guts to bare a two piece, even when skinny haha guess i'm just weird like that!