Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Long Days

Al was out of town for 8 days.  I think it's always harder to be alone when you don't have family nearby.  Friends are great, but they are usually busy with their families on the weekends. Some of those days were long, especially for me.  
We met Henry and Amber at Kidspace one morning.  They had a blast and I got more bummed as I listened to Amber talk about how she was going to Maui for a month with her family :(
We went to Griffith Park one day to ride the ponies and the train.  Alex was a little worried at first, but then he loved it.  
Last time I took him he was still pretty little and ended up going on the ones that walk in a circle. 
The 3 best friends
When Cole gets too big for the Bjorn I could be in trouble.  That thing saves my life everyday.
One or maybe 2 of those days included Target.  Love those $1 bins.
Cole has recently learned how to roll to wherever he wants to go which is usually Alex's toys.  We are working on sharing.
Saturday morning we hung out at the mall.  We found Al a Fathers Day present and did our usual rounds.  The playground, merry go round, See Chocolates, and free Old Navy balloon.

We built lots of Lego towers.
Cole working on baby food.  He isn't thrilled about fruits which I'm ok with.  
My proud moment of the week was I got all of us ready and to church on time.  That never happens when Al is home so I guess he's the reason we are always late :)
Cole found the best purse in Relief Society to chew on.  I'm sure the leather tastes better on a Chanel bag.  We survived our week alone and I hope there aren't too many more in the future.  

1 comment:

QNC said...

I recently did my first road trip alone without Q and taking Isaac into a public restroom for the first time killed me! Single parents get blessings in heaven if you ask me!