I was so nervous to fly to San Francisco in the middle of the Ebola outbreak. One of Al's reps told him everyone flying to DFW was wearing masks so just to be safe I went to Target to get some, but they were sold out. There is a ENT clinic by our house and they had a box by the door and told me to take as many as I wanted, score!! Al dropped me off at the airport 6 hours early because he couldn't wait to get rid of me, just kidding. It was 2.5 hours, but still :) I didn't see anyone with a mask on, but I decided to put one on and snap a picture for some good Instagram comments. I did however bring clorox wipes to wipe down my seat and tray table on the plane.
Al had to take the boys to a primary program practice and everyone got rewarded with donuts after. I love how Cole just ate the top off.
I was so so excited to see Ashlee and Laura, I miss them so much!!
We went to the wrong Marriott when we first got there, but hey no worries when you don't have kids to tote around. We took a picture with the correct bellman :)
Our first stop was the Nike expo to pick up our numbers and check in for the race!! I signed the Nike board with #Texasforever which is from Friday Night Lights. They moved these walls to certain spots in the race which was pretty cool.
We went to Nike Town to find our names on the wall :)
Al took the boys to Allys Halloween party and the gang took a photo for me :)
We had a blast at the expo!! Lines were really long for a few things, but I think we saw everything.
Our cheesy heart pose in Union Square. We had a yummy dinner that night at Tacolicous and we went to bed early so we would have lots of energy for Saturday.
Al at the Halloween party with Batman and Superman
Saturday morning we went straight to the expo to sign up for the braid bar, we got some breakfast in Union Square, went back to the hotel to get ready and then hit the city. Laura and I are food friends so we had a long list of places to try. Our first stop was this amazing bread bar. All they had was toast and coffee. It was seriously the best toast ever and I would like a piece right now. We drove through Golden Gate Park and stopped at the Sutro Baths which is one thing I've never done. It was such a beautiful day which was exactly what I was hoping for the race!
We walked around the paths, saw a wedding and everyone was popping open their mini champagne bottles, and of course got our picture by the Golden Gate Bridge.
Taking a stroll down to the Sutro Baths which used to be a privately owned swimming pool complex in the late 19th century..
The infamous jumping picture in front of the bridge!!
Our amazing late lunch at Bluebarn. Seriously would die for a salad place like this in Frisco.

China Town is always fun to see and this girl was eating Ramen noodles on the back of a bike.
The highlight of the day was the braid bar at the expo. They had a list of different braids you could choose from and let's just say none of our braids resembled the pictures and we definitely couldn't have run the race with them. Laura was the first one done and I lost it when I looked over at her and saw her new doo. She sent me a text that said she looked like a Polygamast, haha.
Mine ended up taking the longest and it's because it looked like I was going to prom. It was pretty, but not to run a race in. We went back to our hotel and took them out along with the 50 bobby pins in mine.
That night Al took the boys to Chuck e Cheese and I'm sure they were loving it.
Here we are admiring each others braids. I talked everyone into doing a candid shot and they always turn out the best :)
We made a quick stop to Lulu that night, had a yummy pasta dinner, and then headed back to the hotel to get ready for the race.










No comments:
Post a Comment